07 July 2011

Clementine: Roach Slayer

Clementine finally earned her keep this weekend, and it all happened while I was passed out from alcohol and heat exhaustion.  Ivy Vyne and Wikus were up late having probably their longest conversation to date (they’ve known each other for at least 15+ years), and there was a kerfuffle in the bathroom, and roach legs everywhere.  That little Clem was pulling the legs off of a rather large roach (I’m not sure if I would be happier if it was a new roach, or if it was the same roach living with me all this time!), and rolling him around in her mouth.  Wikus, in a rare evil turn for him, tossed the poor, legless thing outside to fend for itself (there’s a happy, lazy grackle out there full of roach guts).


This post may seem like it ended suddenly, and that is because Blue came over with beers and cider, and we sat in the kiddie pool drinking, and talking about boys and life.  I love that lady.  Now it is time for bed.

No comments: