07 October 2011

Grumbling & Grousing

There were many hilarious things I wanted to report from last weekend, but I have forgotten almost all of them.  I blame my job, which is sucking the life out of me, and making me beyond disgruntled.  Since I do not want any of you to wither away and die, I am not going to go in to why I hate my job.  Though, it’s not about Twit.  I think I've come to accept her as part of my life, kind of like my allergies.  I’ll always complain about these things, but there’s just nothing that can be done about them. 

There was that time Sunday night where I was thinking my phone was vibrating with an expected call from CSP, and it took me forever to find my phone, and when I did there was no missed call but the vibrating noise was still happening.  I looked up to see both The Bear and Brekkie staring tensely at Clementine.  Ends up she had a live roach in her mouth, and she was growling at it through her bared teeth.  Then she let it go, watched it desperately try to escape, then catch it again, and growl some more.  At some point she got cocky, and it was able to escape under the fridge.  Today when I got home from work I had to pick up a decimated roach (in three parts) in the living room.  I guess Brekkie finally got around to finishing Clem’s business.

There was an earlier roach that I never saw alive.  CSP picked its carcass up bare-handed from the kitchen floor.  He should never be allowed to touch me again.  When I went to take a shower later that day, I found three roach legs in the tub.  Puke.  CSP picked those up bare-handed, too.  What the fuck is wrong with him?  He spent most of that day and evening watching his boy stories on my couch, and even though he had gross roach rabies, I still found myself wanting to make out with him.  I am obviously quite sick in the head.


Remember how I used to be obsessed with playing online logic puzzles?  And then there were those intermittent months of Angry Birds addiction?  Well, now it is Settlers of Catan on my iPhone.  I’ve had the app for a few weeks now, and it tells me I have thrown the dice 4431 times, played a total of 30 hours and 51 minutes, and out of 68 games I have won 25 of them.  I have built 222 settlements, 132 cities, 532 roads, 2655 trades, earned 175 victory points, and purchased 193 development cards.

Stop calling me names.  Rude. 


The morning glories are loving the cooler weather, and I suddenly have pale blues ones complimenting the pink ones.

102

125

104

No comments: