21 December 2011

This Post Was Successfully Typed With One Space After The Full Stop

My dear old grumpy goat Bear has been having an issue with the pukes, in that he makes a lot of them. I fret that it is diabetes or renal failure or both! Whoopis was so easy to distract with a bowl of kibble when shooting insulin in to his hip, whereas Bear has always been a picky eater, and he isn’t going to be so easily fooled. Over all he seems happy enough. Accepting of pets to his cheeks and base of tail. He’s such a good fellow, and I fear for he is old, and already has to put up with the indignity of two kittens chasing him around night and day. I have off from work Friday and Monday, and I’ll see if the vet can run all sorts of expensive blood tests and diagnose this pukes problem. I just got a credit card with a ridiculous line of credit and no interest for 21 months to pay for whatever the poor fellow will need.

IMG_5068

Such beautiful, perfect whiskers on him. Brekkie also has nice whiskers (or as Fat-Bottom Girl calls him, porcukitty).

IMG_5013.JPG (2)


Another magnificent Chicken Day has passed. I paid dearly for the good times on Sunday, but it was worth it. CSP seemed genuinely touched by my gift—a mosaic representing our kittens.

IMG_4902

That is total genius on my part. It’s almost a shame that this mosaic was my first present to him, because HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO TOP THAT? Geez, I need to think of the larger picture. His birthday is in March, and argh, it’s not like I can rig it so he wins all his fantasy football games. Sigh.

There was Chicken Limbo, and even Baby Abalam made an appearance.

IMG_4929

There was also that time where we asked Siri why Guamaniac was such a good lover, and she got all cheeky and asked him “Is that what you think?” She chided him with a “Now, now,” when he called her a stupid whore, and then she played innocent and claimed to not know what he meant when he demanded she lick his balls.

Yes, I bought myself a lovely present. The camera on this phone is amazing, and makes up for the fact that Siri is completely unhelpful at finding me late-night entertainment.


This week has been a bit trying. My sinuses are pricking in the most unpleasant, painful manner. There was a bleary 4:45am ride to the airport to send CSP off to his Midwestern home for a week. I’ve stepped in Bear’s pukes so many times that I barely yelp now when I do. And then there is dear fucking Twit who is doing my payroll duties for the week to prove that she can do it all on her own when I am on vacation. She is failing miserably, and I’ve checked the personnel handbook, and it states clearly that I am not allowed to slap her. Thankfully tomorrow is my last day of work for the week, and next week I only have to work two days. Somehow I have to manage getting through a holiday lunch tomorrow with Ex-Cop and co, then I have four days to lounge pantsless in front of a space heater. I’m getting a free steak out of it. That should make it worth it, right? RIGHT?

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

That is a shockingly beautiful mosaic. I love how it is absolutely about kittens while pretending to be a part of the great venerable history of still lifes. Chardin would be impressed (as am I):

http://www.museothyssen.org/en/thyssen/ficha_obra/426

Grumples said...

I am truly honored by the comparison. I swear, I really do have one planned for you, missy. Perhaps, it'll be my January project.