12 June 2011

All Smiles

There’s a kiddie pool in my backyard!  Ostensibly it is for ET, but Nauticalina and I felt that it would be much better served by us.  We wouldn’t sully it with fatty tortoise poops; at least I wouldn’t.  I shouldn’t be speaking for Nauticalina like that. 

We got ourselves some tacos, made virgin strawberry daiquiris, and listened to music.  We took sexy photos and rubbed each others feet.  It’s magnificent to have such a wonderful girl friend. 

kiddie-pool fun

Before the backyard play date, there was work.  Which is lame and boring.  One way to make work more fun is to nip home for a moment, and bring a rambunctious kitten back with me.  I’m sure this would totally be frowned upon by those in charge, but come on, who can say no to a small, furry funbun?

brekkie at work

Here he is in Who-Wee’s office.  He had a good romp with the plant. He nommed on it, and tried to stand on the leaves.  He’s the silliest chickenmonkey.

The weekend was spent in various forms of repose.  It was all very lovely, actually.  A rare weekend of no complaints, just good times.  Clementine came for a visit.  I went to my first stand-up comedy act, which was a bit nerve-wracking for me (I have this sensitivity where I get so embarrassed for people, and feel it keenly, as if it is my own humiliation—it’s amazing how quickly I can get over something when I’ve had two shots of vodka on an empty stomach).  There were a couple laughs, but really, I’m just dead inside.  I am a laugh snob.  However, there were new friends to chat with, and many drinks.  There was also Heavenly Creatures and Skins (UK) with CSP.  There was a party, and some all-night shenanigans.  There were so many things really.  And then there was that very good person who rewound my weed wacker, and if that wasn’t enough, he then proceeded to cut down the tall grasses in my front yard.  I must figure out new ways to say thank you to him.

There was an accidental four-hour nap this afternoon, and I rounded out the evening with a trip to the grocery store, which usually makes me gnash and shake my fist at the sky, but the cherries were on sale for $2.98/pound, and I got some delicious sage derby cheese.  There was also a Freebirds burrito as a reward.

It is high time I go to bed, so I can get up in the morning and grouse about work for the next five days.  So it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the tacos and the kitten!

-dirty boy