03 June 2011

More Days Like This, Please

 

IMG_6233

On Sunday, Blue, Wikus and I took a short road trip to Krause Springs, where I actually managed to make it through almost the whole afternoon in my bikini without someone commenting on my tattoos.  It was wonderful.  So was our picnic of sangria, roasted-tomato-and-asiago-cheese sandwiches, brie and fresh French bread, grapes, and other tasty items.  We did our best to play Fluxx, which was difficult due to the strong winds, but that’s what grapes are for!  I managed to cut my leg on a sharp rock, but nothing too serious. 

I have spent the past several summers discussing the fun adventures I should be having—this time around I’m going to make it happen.  What’s His Butt (formerly The Boy) always talked about wanting to go do fun things out in the sun and water, but he rarely had the time or inclination.  I have a feeling my ladies (I’m looking at you Blue and Nauticalina) will be more than willing to spend lazy days lounging around in our bathing suits at various scenic locations in the greater Austin area.  And Wikus.  We’ll always invite Wikus to join us—especially since he tends to provide such tasty victuals.

Any suggestions on where I should visit are highly appreciated.


Random Interaction With Strangers

  1. Young, tattooed check-out girl at grocery store basically prostrated herself across the conveyor belt so she could touch one of my passion-flower tattoos without permission.  I jerked my arm away from her before she could actually get her fingers on me, and she got very offended.  Awkward.
  2. At work, some guy was replacing a broken door, and having an extremely animated conversation with a coworker, and when I walked by he stopped talking in mid-word, mouth open, hand hung limply in the air, and stared at me.  I’m assuming it was my skinny jeans.  My ass has some serious power.


What’s His Butt is dating someone.  I’m still sorting out my feelings on that.  I’ll report back when I’m ready to discuss.  On the face of it, she seems really cool, and is a super-talented illustrator and artist.  Bully for him!

No comments: