21 November 2010

I'm a Winner!

Although this has been an inordinately quiet blogging month, it has paid off in the end.  Kind of.  Whoopis finally seems to be on the mind and the spider lily mosaic won first place.  That gets me a blue ribbon and $300.  A ribbon I tell you!  We tried to go see it yesterday but were 40 minutes too late.  Why do museums keep such dumbass hours?  Sadly we couldn't see my mosaic from any of the windows (last year you could see the seahorse from the entrance).  I did see a cupcake drawing by a young child.  It didn't win anything, which was sad.

Unframed, freshly grouted
Unfortunately, my laptop is dying.   It is sluggish and cannot even defrag itself.  Blue Screen of Death happens all the time now.  It is extremely frustrating to use it right now.  I have to wait quite some time before the words I am typing show up on the screen.  The anger it causes me makes me want to drive to Dell and tell them that I am glad they are going out of business.  But that would be rude to all the Dell workers who have been going through lay offs, and will continue to be laid off. 

This damn thing is just a couple weeks shy of being two years old.  I got a BSD the second day I owned it.  Due to my innate laziness, I didn't send it back.  I couldn't bare to be without a computer for however long it took Dell to fix the damn thing and get it back to me.  It probably wouldn't have worked anyway.  The hinge broke within months.  I've held it together with wishes and duct tape.  Opening and shutting it sounds like I am breaking the laptop in half.  For the most part it stilled work, but within the last month it has been gasping.  I've started using my iPhone for everything, and just not doing anything that involves spreadsheets.ward

I hate this fucker.  I'm going to back-up my files, and try to minimize my computer use until I can figure out what to do or give it to some shop to fix it.  I really don't want to lay out the money right now to buy a new computer (hello HP!).  Therefore, blogging will continue to be sporadic.  I apologize.

Sure, I just won $300 (I don't think I'll get it in hand until mid-December), but that isn't going toward a new computer.  I'm getting these beauties:

Fluevog: Mattie Silks

1 comment:

Stacia said...

I LOVE those boots. So jealous! If I had them though, I would have to wear them to clean, since I am a hermit (otherwise known as a stay-at-home-mom).