17 November 2010

One Sure-Fire Way to Make Your Relationship Stronger

With less than three hours remaining, I remembered to pay our car insurance.  My mind has thrown up some kind of roadblock when it comes to paying bills these days.  I can't explain it.  At least most of them are in The Boy's name.  Brahahahahaha.

Whoopis is getting better in the tiniest increments.  He cleaned himself for the first time in over a week.  Sadly, we just discovered we have fleas.  We are not winning any pet awards this year.  Though, for the record, I did pull poo off of Whoopis' butt fur a bit ago with a Nutty Bar wrapper.  As Wikus said, "hilariously appropriate."  Nothing like jokes at the cats' expense.  So what if they have no idea why I am laughing at them.

I was out of the office for most of the day, and when I got back in this afternoon, Twit's timesheet was on my desk with a doctor's note saying that since she has now finished her radiation she needs a week off of work, and can return to work on November 34th.  WHICH JUST HAPPENS TO BE THANKSGIVING WHEN WE AREN'T WORKING!  So actually she gets 1.5 weeks off of work.  Bully for her.  My boss didn't say a word to me, and Twit just left her unfinished tasks on my desk to do for her.  Bitch.  The doctor's note also said that she'll need intermittent leave during December for "weakness and fatigue."  Hot damn, I should getting my own doctor's note if that is all it takes.

I coordinated an appreciation lunch for a group of my peers.  We normally have quarterly meetings, but we all agreed that me finagling a free meal for us would be a much better idea.  We have a crazy old lady who works with us, she's a widower who gets befuddled and upset very easily.  She called me the other day to yell at me about how upset she is that we were not having a meeting.  She thought we were having a meeting then a lunch.  She didn't want to do the lunch--she actually preferred to have a meeting.  She literally told me how UNFAIR it was, and that she was VERY VERY UPSET.  These are the people I work with.  And no, she did not show up for the 100%-free-to-her lunch today.

Not that this is bragging per se, but The Boy and I just finished Showgirls.  It took four or five sittings to make it through to the end.  It was a very hard thing to do, but I'm sure our relationship is now stronger because of it.

No comments: