10 January 2011

Fish Cream!!!

Saturday was one hell of an awful day.  Wishing for death seems a mild way to express how I felt.  I wanted death, craved death, asked repeatedly for death.  Fucking cedar, mold and dust.  There was a lot of sleeping that day, but I did accomplish one very important thing: Mailing Ivy Vyne her very belated Chicken Day prezzie.  There's a long complaint I could make about post offices not being open on Saturdays, and how USPS doesn't seem capable of updating their hours of operations on their website.  But I won't.  Because Ivy got her prezzie today, and I am filled with happiness over it.

Sit down.  Be prepared for the jealousy that is going to wash over you.  Because you can't have it.  It's an original, never to be duplicated, not even so I can have one of my own.  This isn't the best picture of it, but the house is in a bit of a disarray, so I am unable to download the photos off of my camera at this time.  This iPhone photo cannot do it justice, but still, I believe the beauty shines through.

Fish Cream, 12/17/10   

May it have a happy home in Brookline, Mass.  If all goes well, it'll return to Austin this summer.  Fingers crossed that Ivy Vyne and Fish Cream are able to move here.  My life will be ever closer to completion with both of them by my side. 

_____________________________________________________________

I'm thinking that if I really want my life to be complete, I need to get one of those Craftmatic beds, and put it in the livingroom instead of having a couch.  While our floors are being finished in the bedroom and office, we have our mattress on the futon.  It is piled high with pillows and blankets, and oh man, it is so fucking comfortable.  We're watching The Lost Boys in some serious style.  I kind of want this to be permanent.  Sure, almost everything we own is now towering over us in the livingroom, and the cats are having a little too much fun, but it may just be worth it.  Mattress (the fat Siamese cat) likes it so much he literally slept in my arms almost the whole night.  I don't want to give up this kind of good action.

"Are you freebasing? Inquiring minds want to know." 

Do I have to go back to work tomorrow?  Or, can I just keep watching all these movies I loved as a teenager?  Is all this regressing indicative of a mid-life crisis?  Can I not be an old lady on my Craftmatic AND watch Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael and Cry-Baby as I did when I was 15?  This truly is the best of both worlds.

"My own brother--A goddamn shit-sucking vampire."

I'd be very happy for Jason Patric to come suck my neck.  Right.  Now.  I have needs that need to be met.  Right.  Now.  I'm waiting right here on my wannabe Craftmatic, Jason.  I'm in my panties, if that helps at all.

_____________________________________________________________

The office at 7:30am this morning:


The office at 4pm this afternoon:


I never realized how much our house looked like a Tex-Mex cantina.  I'm not complaining, just observing.  Margarita happy hour, The Boy & Grumple's office, tomorrow at 4:30pm.  I'll be the one passed out on the bed in the livingroom as you make your way to the back of the house.  Don't mind me--I'm too busy dreaming of making out with Jason Patric.  Enjoy the free drinks!

No comments: