03 January 2011

Nasal Tampons Save Me Now

My banana is way too green.  My allergies are kicking my ass, and I have a way-too-green banana.  I'm wishing for death but don't want to die at work, because that is just frightfully embarrassing and pathetic.  Imagine Twit finding my soiled little body slumped in my chair, covered in snot and tears.  My fantasy right now is two Benadryls and my bed (I realize that my fantasies are generally much more exciting than this).  There is construction happening at the house, so there is no way to make it a reality.  New, energy-efficient windows are being installed, and those expensive fuckers (thanks, Boy!) better have some magical, allergen-repelling powers.  I'm so not kidding.

There was something that was said on KUT this afternoon that made me surly, but fuck if I can remember what that was.  I guess it is good that I don't hold on to my anger like I used to.  However, I miss ranting about trivial matters. 

I would like The Boy to make a recording of what I hear inside my head when I blow my nose.  I know it is audible--I've had him listen to my ears.  Squeaks and squelches.  It would be fantastic if it wasn't so awful.

Thursday I went roller-skating.  It was a mustache party with '70s costumes.  Nauticalina bought us pink mustaches, and she wore hers with pride--mine kept falling off due to my sweaty-lip syndrome.  I love my mouth, but not the skin above my upper lip.  Guamaniac drew a green mustache on me and Ms. V made it sparkle.  We were joined by Cattleboy who out skated us, but always promised to be there if we fell.  To laugh and point.  No really, he was great.  Nauticalina and I managed to defy gravity, and he skated with us almost the whole time, while everyone else drank and posed for pictures.  My ass still hurts from all that exercise.

Not to mention all the eating Nauticalina and I accomplished since Thursday night.  We spent three nights in a row driving all the way to south Austin for a fancy doughnut, but Gourdough's was a fail each time (if you aren't going to work your posted hours, please put a motherfucking sign up on your trailer--it can even be handwritten for all I care).  We were not thwarted for long, and found ourselves at Ken's Doughnuts, IHOP and Mrs. Johnson's Doughnuts (in that order).  We also visited Trudy's and Burger Tex in there.  We are beautiful women who know how to celebrate during a long weekend.  I adore Nauticalina.  She's the brightest of stars.  She's shiny and special in a good way.  She is 22, which is only to say that she makes me feel 22. 

I refuse to list my highs and lows of 2010.  It was a bad year.  The end.  So far this year I kicked some ass at C&L's playing Settlers of Catan Cities and Knight's expansion pack.  I slaughtered those poor people.  I was the USA, and The Boy was Ethiopia.  There was barely any sheep to make our wool, but naked savagery worked just fine for me.  Butt-naked savagery!

3 comments:

R said...

Who cares about the sheep? Was there plenty of *wood*? THAT is the question.

Awww, yyyeeah.

Grumples said...

Oh, man, you wouldn't believe how much wood I had. More wood than the boys, that's for sure. At times, though, I still needed to ask if anyone had wood to give me. Sometimes, I was left disappointed.

R said...

Tsk tsk. Such a shame. You'd think there'd be plenty wood for the asking.

(Hey, how come the rest of my previous post didn't show up? You know, the part about doing a shot and falling asleep on the coffee table. Was it cuz I put it in those little angle bracket thingies? I'm gonna assume so... It musta thought it was an attempt at an HTML tag, huh? Well, it so was not...)

Pouting now.