03 February 2011

Naivete Revealed Through Caps

While my friends in Chicago are digging out from 22" of snow, and my Boston friends have practically already died a long, tragic, snow-filled death, there are flurries here in Austin.  OH. MY. GOD.  The end is nigh.  This morning, when there was nary a flake, they were already talking about closing down the city tomorrow.  The mere mention of snow send paroxysms of fear through the dear, dear people of this town. Never mind the fact that they are talking less than an inch of accumulation (to be fair, the worse-case scenario is three inches).  We're in an Arctic Cold Front (ACF), people! (On Tuesday, our building manager sent us a warning about the Arctic Cold Front, and all those caps made me realize how naive I was being about the situation.)  Thus, if you feel I haven't been blogging as much as I should, please remember I am suffering first-world problems like fretting about rolling black-outs and if it is okay to make love to my space heater at 10am or if I should wait for later in the afternoon.  The highs have been in the 20s, and our small little Texas minds are shattering.

I just see it as a great practice run for my Boston visit in two weeks.  I've lived in snow and ice and sub-zero temperatures.  I think I can handle a week of this awfulness.  Am I happy about it?  Fuck no!  However, it's going to be 60 on Saturday.  Therefore I'll just keep wearing lots of clothes, and kindly reminding my boss that it's her fault for saying there would be a chance of snot later in the week.


2 comments:

laeoux74 said...

those boots are totally hot

my blood turned to slush yesterday... like a Slurpee for vampires, it's very tragic

Stacia said...

It hasn't been as cold here, but still, I moved here from Madison WI, partly to get away from the cold. Still, it could always be worse. Love the boots.