28 April 2011

Because No One Can Get Enough of Baby Animals

Last Friday I was at CSP’s office again—this time to visit a 9-week-old Great Pyrenees puppy.  I know it must seem like he has a menagerie of baby animals to which to lure me over there, but my guess is a kitten and a puppy is all he’s going to be able to come up with. 

IMG_3268

This is Miss Betty White.  Considering she is just over two-months old, it is hard to believe that she could fill my whole lap.  I resisted the urge to nom on her fat paddies and floppy ears. 

We were puzzled by her brown face, since both CSP and I thought that GPs were all white (that ends up not to be true), and we found out that she actually has Akita in her.  What a fantastic mix!  She made sloppy love to my knees, and I swooned and giggled, and was sad to see her go.  Unfortunately, I probably will never see her again.  Le sigh.

FUN FACT: According to the American Kennel Club, the first Akita was brought over from Japan by Helen Keller in 1937.  This led to a tasteless joke by CSP.  Poor Helen Keller, she can’t even introduce the US to a new breed of dog without comment from us almost 75 years later.

FUN FACT II: Also according to the AKC, Akitas are described as having a temperament that “can range from calm to bouncy and aggressive...” Thus leading me to make my own joke about how they are describing me.  “…So the breed should always be supervised around small children…” Yes, that is very true, I should always be supervised around small children, lest I get bouncy and aggressive on them.  It is simply part of my temperament, I cannot be held liable for my actions.

___________________________________________________

Buffalohead is in town once again (last seen over Memorial Day weekend when Ivy Vyne was visiting me), and I had a lovely few hours with him, Nauticalina and a few others last night at this weird home-décor cum wine-bar last night.  There were a lot of pig sculptures.  I’m not complaining—it was just odd.  So was the “rape hallway” leading to the bathroom (thank you, Nauticalina, for that colorful descriptor to describe where I needed to go). 

While reminiscing about the *fun* times in high school, Buffalohead pointed out that we have known each other 20 years.  Nauticalina pointed out that she was two years old when he and I met.  Thanks, lady.  This is where hanging out with a 22-year-old can have its down side. 

___________________________________________________

Tonight is more fun with Nauticalina.  We’re going to the Peelander-Z show (Parish, $12, you should go, too), and one of my friends who was here during south-by is back in town to play the Psych Fest.  At least a year usually passes before we see each other again, so it being just over a month is a real treat (I feel like I am channeling a doddering old lady when I use that phrase, but since I only have ONE cat, I have proof that I am not that person…yet). 

___________________________________________________

Lastly, someone today was talking about a woman’s genitals, and referred to them as the “heaven region of a woman.”  He said it without irony or even a hint of a giggle.  Please discuss how that makes you feel.

1 comment:

Navy Bean said...

There were fun times in high school? I think I must of missed those.