24 September 2009

Don't Panic! Orange & Delicious Is Alive & Well


Due to the odd nature of blogger.com, all the pics I post appear at the top of the post. I would rather pictures appear through the post, but either I am an idiot and don't know how to figure out how to make that happen, or blogger just won't let me. Due to this quirk, some of you thought my little orange lover had died, since his picture appeared right under the title "Sad Day." I completely apologize! Right now he is sleeping in some awkward position with his head facing the opposite way of his body. He is soft and has snuggled against me all evening. He relaxes me and makes me content in a way that I can rarely find except with him. Also, for a cat with the most rotten disgusting breath ever, the smell of his fur is so sweet after he cleans himself. I imagine this is why mothers are always sniffing at their babies' necks. It just hits you right it your stomach, that smell. Behind the navel, like he is tied to me. Oh, a sad day indeed it will be when he has to leave me. Though, I do believe I said HE WILL LIVE FOREVER GODDAMNIT!

Today I received my flu shot. I am not one to be shy of needles even in front of coworkers. I've had flu shots before, but damn, this motherfucker hurts. Who frog punched me instead of giving me a nice dose of seasonal flu vaccine? I do not feel well and am cranky. This morning I joked about becoming sick and having to call in tomorrow morning. Now it doesn't seem so funny. I've taken some drugs and should be asleep fairly early this evening. Though, I'm sure I will be just as sleepy in the morning.

The rest of my day was lovely, especially my lunch with a dear friend. She is always so joyful, and her laugh is like hundreds of slick rainbowed bubbles bursting from her throat. She does a great Katherine Hepburn. She makes me giggle and talk to fast and run through my sentence as if I am tripping on all of them just in the pleasure to talk with her. She has so many good qualities I admire; especially her awesome legs and the way she stays positive during an extended time of unemployment. I am grateful we are friends, and that she accepts my grumpy self with no judgment. She also makes the most delightful cakes. We should have a game night soon, so I can spend even longer in her company than just the hour (and a bit more, whoops) I get for lunch.

*************************

I suspect Twit had a job interview today. The other day I walked in on a suspicious phone call where it sounded like she was setting up an interview. Then, today she tells our boss she has a doctor's appointment this morning, and she shows up to work 2.5 hours late WEARING PANTYHOSE! Who the fuck wears pantyhose, even to a job interview (except maybe my mom)? So now I'm stuck in that place where I want to wring her neck daily, but don't exactly want her to leave since I have no desire to do her job. If I could stick her in a locked closet and never have to look at her or hear her, I think I'd be fine with her at work. How can I professionally ask to at least work with a box over her head?

Today's picture is a product of luck that happened because I forgot something at the house, and had to turn around to go get it. I'm on some medication that often makes me a bit forgetful. Something I loathe more than anything, and have always been impatient with people who couldn't keep more than two thoughts in their heads, but here I am, forgetting things. The sunset was a beautiful orange glow when I first set out, and was deepening into a rosy-purple flush with each passing blink. When I realized that I had forgotten the DVD (the whole point of me setting out to Wikus'), I knew enough to grab my camera with the DVD. This picture is about two blocks from my house, next to a car dealership (that's right, my neighborhood is total class), at a stop sign. Yes, I am willing to hold up traffic to get a picture of a sunset. The colors came out almost perfect--the white in the upper-right should be a robin's egg blue (I should have used my Canon Rebel, but my Sony is quicker to grab on the go, but it does tend to whiten-out light colors, sadly).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a fantastic picture!