05 May 2010

Don't Just Say It, Sing It!

After floundering for a few episodes, last night's Glee found some better footing.  I really enjoy fall's shows, but the spring ones have left me a bit bored.  Sure, sacriligious to some, but I'm rarely an avid fan of anything just because I think they are really cool.  Even Echo & the Bunnymen have had their off albums.  The first episode in April made me cringe--really, sitting through the same theme of choir ending if they can't pull of another win at a choir showdown?  Ugh.  There were still all those great one-liners but they did not culminate in to a great show.  There was actually too many songs that got in the way of plot, and fuck me if I didn't even know most of the songs (outside of the Madonna episode since the mainly stuck with her old songs).  Last night was totally vintage Glee.  Plenty of plot that was funny overall and not just when the ditzy cheerleader said a non sequitur, and the songs!  I knew the songs.  Sure, they all sounded like they were in a music studio listening to the finished, mixed product, but it was still enjoyable.  I realize that me having more appreciate for the show when I know the songs, is a personal problem, but I stand by it.  Sing songs that Grumples knows and you'll have another Golden Globe in no time at all.  I really do know what is best when it comes to this sort of thing.  Just ask The Boy.  When I met him, I immediately started rearranging his song lists for live shows.  Oh, how he just loved me.  Snort.

Why am I rambling about all of this?  Because I am annoyed that after every character had said "Bad Reputation" at least 13 times, they did not actually sing "Bad Reputation."  Totally lame move.  Sure, you gave us some Vanilla Ice, but what is that compared to Joan Jett & the Blackhearts?  If Freaks & Geeks can have it as their theme song, then I am pretty sure Glee can get the license to sing it.  If Olivia Newton-John agrees to be on the show, I'm pretty sure they can get Joan Jett on there, too.  Come on Glee, give me some true awesome bad reputation!  The woman just had a movie made about her--I'm sure she'd enjoy the tangential PR by being on Glee.  I demand a redo!  Now!

No comments: