29 December 2010

Cock & Corn

Yesterday, I looked forward to going home all day, so I would be able to throw my front door open and greet the UPS guy with a huge smile.  Sadly, even though I was home in plenty of time, the UPS guy came 4 hours earlier than he ever has in the past.  Jackass.  Therefore, I had to sit through another long day at work so I could then drive to the UPS location where my box sat waiting for me.  Without really thinking about it, I left my phone in the car, and sauntered in like any other asshole customer, and asked for my package.  My tracking number?  Oh, I don't have it with me.  That guy fucking wilted my soul with his eyes.  I tried to give him my driver's license, but he made me go write my name and address down on a small slip of paper.  Then he disappeared in to some room for over 15 minutes, where I assumed he was searching for my package.  He finally came out, waived my slip of paper in his hand and told me he'd be just a minute. Then he disappeared again.  The strange inner workings of UPS.  In the end, I got my package, and made sure he knew how much I appreciated him taking the time to find my box (okay, I didn't put it that way, but I was nice about it).

I think I was justified in my excitement.


And yes, my thigh does look fetching!  I was modeling these for myself in a tank top and panties.  No one was around to appreciate it, though.  Even the cats ignored me--they were more interested in exploring the hallway closet (our only full-length mirror is on the back of the hallway-closet door).
__________________________________________________________

The boots were the best part of my day.  I got trapped in my boss' office for almost three hours, and then something I expected to happen did happen, and just because I knew it was going to happen did not make me deal with it any better.  Blergh.  Whine!  Sniffs.  This was all made better by IM-ing with a very dear friend whom I have know for 17 years--for better and worse.  He's had a terribly shitty year, and so have I, but his trumps mine.  Talking with him puts my life in perspective, and even though my grief is deep and dark for my loss of the Orange Lover and Whoopis, things are much worse for other people.  Now I sound all maudlin and emotional.  I just miss my babies, and I wish I listened to my own advice more than I dispense it. 

To that end, this is why my friends are beautiful people:


They love me, and I love them.  Thank you for the cock and corn!  I may get disappointed at times in people, but I don't have to look far to see why I don't have to give in to that feeling.

2 comments:

Meg McLynn said...

Please please be sure to model those boots for me in the not-too-distant future. I'm drooling just thinking about it....

RFS said...

I said it before and I'll say it again...

I covet -- nay, *lust after* -- your awesome boots.

Damn. Totally hot.