16 August 2010

Once Again, Up To No Good

It's been an exhausting day.  I exercised so much that I'm sure my thigh muscles are going to kill me tomorrow.  All that time I spent going up and down a ladder, bending over and sitting up, and twisting until my ribs groaned.  I spent some time spotting Who-wee (formerly know as Urban Race coworker) as she did the same.  I was sweaty and smelly, and totally bemoaning my decision to do such hard work on a Monday afternoon.  I realize this doesn't sound like me at all--me who is loathe to get off the couch or help Ex-Cop with some small word-processing chore (seriously, I had to freaking rewrite a legal document he was trying to draft last Friday. Pathetic.).  And yet, this was 100% my idea.  Tomorrow I will know if it was totally worth it.




That's a 10' tall office door.  People really shouldn't take the day off to celebrate their birthdays.  I get really bored, and have to find something to do with myself.



_______________________________________________________________

My sleeping sickness seems to have suddenly left me.  I was out until almost 1am last night, and got up after only two obnoxious calls from the alarm.  I was bright and perky today (see above).

I have a friend going through a second divorce.  She is moving back to New England, and I only have a couple more weeks to grab bits of her time.  We have been so close and so distant both in friendship and proximity, and I fear I will never see her again.  This lady has more spunk and sass than I could ever produce.  I have loved her fiercely and have shed many tears when we've been in fights.  There is no one else I know who I can be so honest with about my dirty thoughts, and she returns in kind.  There is nothing that we don't discuss.  She's seen my ass, I've seen her breast (seriously, they are so gorgeous that I don't think any other breast could compare, and they are burned in to my brain for my viewing pleasures for always).  We've gotten drunk so many times together, that our livers will probably fail at the same time.  There was that summer we spent every weekend at a gay bar drinking $1 cocktails and batting our eyelashes at each other.  Then there were those years of fighting--the saddest part being over a job that wasn't even worth coming between us.  Ho hum.  She had a child, I found myself in a long-term relationship.  We've been through a lot, and she is a damn fine person, and I just want to kick the asses of the men who have hurt her. 
_______________________________________________________________

The Weeds season premiere is tonight, and the usual gang is meeting to watch it.  We have to skip the dinner part to give Whoopis his insulin shot.  However, I'm going to see these people again on Thursday for Guamaniac's birthday, and again on Sunday on the Birthday Boat for all the Leos in our group (there is a strange number of those late summer births).  This should be a good week.

No comments: