14 August 2010

Why Do I Keep Thinking I Am A Doctor?

Two awesome Friday nights in a row.  I don't even know what to do with myself!  I'm so pleased.  So pleased that I took a long nap late this afternoon, and am spending the right of the night watching Veronica Mars.  I'm so predictable.  I tried to psych myself up to dye my hair, but can only seem to eat these crazy "special coconut cookies," that Wikus brought over on Thursday.  They aren't special in the sense of having pot properties--it's just what the box says.  They are Vietnamese, and are called Bánh gai cốt đứa.  I really have no idea what that means, but the cookies look just like what hair looks like under a microscope.  A strange cookie shape to be sure, but oh so damn tasty.

ET is growing, and I thought I'd do a bit of home surgery on him tonight.  It didn't go as well as I had hoped, which I feel terrible about.  The wire they put in his shell to hold it together was getting stretched by his shell growing, and I worried that it could end up breaking off inside him.  I clipped one section, and pulled it out just fine, without any struggle from the little fella.  The second one wasn't as easy.  It just did not want to pull through, and then he started struggling and bleeding.  Jesus fuck, I'm such a bad mommy.  I folded the wire over and cleaned him up with some rubbing alcohol.  Band aids were applied and I bribed him with yams to love me again.  I'm not sure it worked.  I left the other two wires alone.  This probably would have happened at the vet, but they could have dealt with the guilt instead of me.  Tomorrow I will do my best to make it up to him with a bath. 

Last night was The Boy's summer choral performance.  He already knows this, so what I'm about to say won't be too shocking, but it was not one of my favorites.  Too campy for my tastes.  Then too dull.  The orchestra was magical, though.  As it should be since my favorite viola lady was playing her axe and watching me behave badly in the audience.  When I'm with the Amazon, I simply cannot contain the small child in me.  To make matters worse, CS Pumpkin came out to play.  Who's that with such a charming name?  Why, it's CS Pumpkin!  Ha.  Sure, it only makes me giggle, but when does that stop me?  He came with a genuine interest in choir music, and I can only hope he wasn't totally annoyed by our shenanigans.  Though, if you look at his program, his is the one with "taste my meat" underlined (from Love Bade Me Welcome by Vaughan Williams).  I surely would not do anything remotely immature as that.  Though, I guess there may be something written in my papers that mentions the supposition that someone must have been caught with a 13-year-old boy and destined to spend the rest of his life mimicking animals noises in songs. 

After the show, we all went to Trudy's (all being Amazon, CS Pumpkin, The Boy, viola lovely and her kick-ass man, and R&C, who always invite me out to do things, and I never do--so it was nice to actually be in their presence.  Watching R [or should it be B?] knock back those tequila shots leaves me all wiggly in the knees).  I had one beer and a portion of a brownie with ice cream (this was to make Amazon feel better about getting it in the first place).  By the time I got Amazon back to her vehicle, and drove all the way back north (what the hell you south Austin people?) it was almost 2am.  It's like I am 18 all over again.  I'm sure it is just a fluke--these two weekends of having a good fun time.  We'll see.  Today, I am happy.

4 comments:

glady said...

For the record, I am unable to make any kind of sustained eye contact with you during TCC performances, for fear of what might happen. Especially. This last concert. Taste my meat, indeed.

Grumples said...

That is just terrible that I put you in that position. I am very sorry. Yet, I fear, I am completely unable to change my behavior. Perhaps it would be better for me to at least sit in the way back or find some really overweight people to hide behind.

As always, you were wonderful. I also feel you are the most tastefully dressed. I love you low v-neck. You pull it off quite extraordinarily. However, please be aware that you should be wearing Birkenstocks on your feet. You are awfully behind in the latest foot fashion for choir groups.

Congrats on the tiny egg!

R-or-is-it-B said...

Ok, for the record... I wasn't *knocking back* tequila... I was sipping and savoring... there's a very distict difference. (A difference one might feel, rather acutely, the next day.) Ptht!

Miss GLady, I was sorry I missed getting to say hello to you Friday night. You were awfully purty. (It says so right there in my program...)
(Ok, we were passing notes...)
(Grumples is not the only offender when it comes to concert shenannigans...)

Mwah!

R-or-is-it-B-no-wait-it's-R said...

Shenanigans! ;-p