21 December 2010

Snorting & Huffing Fluevogs

Last week the executives tried to show how they can relate to us plebs, and baked some cookies "from around the world," and sent a mass email out to the whole building inviting us to join them in celebrating the holidays.  Since it had only been three days since eating the fatty fancy doughnut, I couldn't conceive of eating something sweet, or really eating at all, thus I didn't bother looking over the offerings.  I also did not want to get stuck chatting with someone about what I am doing for Christmas.  The next morning, one of the executive admins asked if I wanted any of the leftover cookies.  She had a funny look on her face, so even though I most definitely did not want any leftover cookies, I inquired in to what was left.  Anise-flavored cookies.  I have no idea what country they were representing (Greece to go with some ouzo?).  I threw-up in my mouth a bit, then told her to give them all to me.  I know someone who will probably love the shit out of them.  Good ol' Wikus.  He's so gross.

However, I have yet to give him the cookies!  I suck as a friend.  I'm acknowledging it here so no one can say they are surprised.  They lived in my bag for quite a few days.  The Boy put them in the fridge.  I have seen Wikus a couple of times since obtaining these nasty little treats.  How can I think of him at work, but not when he's actually in my presence?  Those were to be some disgusting, anise-flavored cookies as a bonus Chicken Day present.  Note to Wikus, they're in the fridge--please just grab them the next time you are over here.
______________________________________________________________

For Chicken Day, The Boy made me the proud owner of these beauties:

Since today was a self-designated filing day (Whoops, was that a file from January still sitting in that pile?), I felt wearing these and crawling around on the floor (What? How do you file?) was not very loving of me.  Therefore, I plan to wear them tomorrow.

When I file, I like to reward myself when I reach X point (I yawned and filed two pieces of paper, reward!!)--today's rewards included Words With Friends, texting, reading blogs and buying myself these with my mosaic winnings:


Yay, Fluevogs!  I'm not a junkie, I swear.  The Boy bought some of them.  Therefore, if I am a junkie, he's my enabler.  So, there.  Fingers crossed that these arrive Monday.  I will spend next week fondling both pairs of boots, and cooing to them, telling them how beautiful they are, and thanking them for making me feel so pretty.  (You, too, Boy...you, too.)

No comments: