20 December 2010

Twit's Lofty Goals

Twit has spent a lot of time on the phone today with the University of Phoenix.  She would really like to see about getting some "accounting" credits, because all the jobs she looks at require it.  Really, the jobs she's looking at specifically specify accounting hours as a requirement?  I bet they are actually looking for either a degree in accounting/finance or prior work experience.  As Ivy Vyne pointed out to me, Twit can't handle her own timesheet, how can she do accounting work?

Twit also told UoP that she plans to retire with this company.  Please say another department will hire her, and get her out of this building.  Or at least off my floor. 

In other works news, I just saw a work-related injury report that states an employee injured herself by experiencing a sudden change in movement while walking and hit her arm on the edge of a door, and thus cutting her hand.  Seriously.  I guess I really should be filing those injury reports when my hands are a little bloody after filing.  Those manila folders can cause one hell of a paper cut. 

Also work-related, there's a good chance EM is transferring to a different department and getting a nice fatty raise to go with it.  I'll be extremely sad to see her go, but am very happy for her. 

This afternoon I took a 10-minute break and played outside.  The weather is fucking magical.  The creek is quite low, and I bounced around on the limestone rocks in glee.  I almost touched a cedar tree by accident, but I managed to escape its clutches.  I also did not even come close to toppling in to the water.  I jumped in some leaves, and looked for herons.  I wish I could have skipped the rest of the day, and spent it outside.  Perhaps with fried chicken and doughnuts? 

Since it is so nice, I have no excuse not to spend the evening in the garage mosaicing.  A cold front will be here in a few days, so I should make the most of it while I can.  And also while, you know, I'm still feeling like a huge winner whose art strangers walk in from the street and buy!

No comments: