19 December 2010

Two Things of Non-Importance

Earlier this week I was at happy hour with CSP and his friends.  At some point someone had the audacity to say that Highland Mall was closed.  She said it with such authority.  No one would think to disagree with her.  However, my ass had just been in that mall the night before when I accompanied Wikus to pick out his nerd glasses.  That mall may have many empty stores, but dammit, it is not closed!  For fuck's sake, one could still shop at Wet Seal--a true hallmark of an alive, breathing mall.  I made sure the table understood that she was dead wrong.  I also apologize for interrupting the conversation I was having with someone else in order to make sure everyone knew that Highland Mall was still with us.  I cannot fathom why this matters so much to me.

Later in the week, I kept seeing various women at work who were wearing perfectly sensible, nice outfits.  Good, solid work outfits.  Pressed slacks and soft sweaters.  Not high fashion, but not terrible either.  However, I kept noticing that when I got a peek at the ankles of these women, they were all wearing athletic socks with their sturdy heeled shoes.  I kept trying to figure out how to slip them a note recommending tights or trouser socks, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it nicely.  People, when wearing anything other than a sneaker, please consider if the shoes you are wearing should have a thick sock shoved in to it.  This is not a very difficult task, and it will save you from looking like an idiot every time your pant leg shift in a way to expose your horrible choice in socks.

I'm pretty sure you can even buy some nice thin socks at Highland Mall.  It's near downtown, and easily accessible.  There are hardly any people to get in your shopping way.  It will also only cost a few dollars.  A worthwhile purchase.  I promise.

No comments: