06 February 2010

A Brief Walk Along the River

The Boy has been really cute lately--in a way that I'm sure parents find their kids endearing. He's such a sweetie, but sometimes, I feel like I should put a quote of a day up for him. He is not an idiot and in no way stupid (I would hate him and mock him daily if he was more like Twit), but sometimes he talks before actually running what he is about to say through his head for a common-sense check.

Here are my two favorites from the past few days:

1. If we don't have long distance, how will my family call me? (After a BWAH? moment, and a few questions, I realized that he thought long-distance calls could only be made between people who both had the long-distance feature on their phones. I assured him that even if we got rid of our long distance on the land line--which we're not--his family would still be able to call us, and could continue not picking up the phone when they did.)

2. I wonder how IHOP got its name? (My eyes rolled around in my head for a moment, and I said, "REALLY?"). Oh, International House of Pancakes...mumble...mumble...mumble (some intense flipping me off and some mutters over iPod and such).

___________________________________

Since the sun was out today (versus the last week or more of rain), I wanted to go take a very tiny stroll by the river. My sinuses were enraged, but I chose to ignore them. Here are pics of our good times.


Flipping through my Field Guide to Birds, Eastern Region, and I believe these little fellows are American Coots, which aren't ducks at all--just "duck-like."


The Mighty Grackle!


Whoopis likes to make love to my head and stamp my eyes just like this. I felt I shared a special bond with these two squirrels.

_______________________________________


Damn, I love a good sunset photo. 1/23/10

________________________________________

Wikus on our city: "It's like a big monster ate a lot of strip malls, pawn shops, and suburban subdivisions, and then sicked up."

_________________________________________

One month ago we had to put the Orange Lover to sleep. Which is a term I don't really like, but is better than the cold scientific word of euthanasia. I am still quite sad, and every time I come home or shuffle in to the livingroom, I expect him to come greet me with his funny little silent meow. When he wasn't silently sassing me, he was running through the house howling like he was on fire. I firmly believed he had elderly dementia. He was such a fucking awesome cat. I still worry about the decision I made, but then I think about if the last month had been pumping him full of I.V. fluid and giving him B12 shots. That would probably have been a very bad month for my little lover.

I've been having these bittersweet dreams of him. They are everyday, normal dreams. He is happy, often sleeping and looking lovely. He's not dead, he's not sick. He's content. They are good dreams, but I wake up aching to hug him. I want to headbutt his head and have him snuggling against my stomach while I watch TV. I miss you little guy.


____________________________________

Speaking of TV, why the fuck is Luke Wilson a) shilling for AT&T and b) so fucking fat? This bothers me on so many levels.

My acrimonious divorce from AT&T is almost complete. We are getting Grande out here to give us internet and a new landline. We just don't have a date yet of when they are coming out, but here's hoping it is the next week or so. The Boy missed the call yesterday, so it looks like we have to wait until Monday to talk with someone. Going with a smaller business better be worth it. Either way, AT&T must die.

1 comment:

Wikus said...

I said "duck-like coot" at work once, and they told me it was sexual harassment.