25 February 2010

I Would Only Agree to Have Peelander-Z's Triplets

Kicking back and watching Triple the Triplets on Discovery Health. I am only noting this because one of the fathers on here has a really awesome mullet--the likes of which that have not been seen since the early '90s. They live in rural Missouri. That is probably the answer to the amazing mullet. Neat, this first aired on my 30th birthday. If only I had known--that would have made a really nice birthday tv-watching gift. Tons of bodily juice, blue shriveled babies and mullets! Sadly, Google cannot provide me with any information on this charming country family. Nor can I find a good example of the husband's mullet. There are plenty of mullet pictures out there, but nothing that really illustrates this man's very straight and very short in front (spiky!) and stick-straight long in back. This is the closest I can find.



Now, take that and imagine it on an adult man with dark hair. Also, shave the top part and let it grow for one week, and you'll have this man's mullet.

Also this mullet Google action led me to many pictures of that pointy-chinned Kristen Stewart and her mullet. She's so young to not know the horror of actually having to constantly be around people with this hairstyle--so, I'm sure she thinks it's really cute. I think it just emphasizes her man jaw.

"If you feel any leakage of fluid, let your nurse know." Yes, I suppose if you are bloated with triplets, that is something a nurse should know, so s/he can at least shove a bedpan under your ass.

Damn newborns are fuck ugly. Please don't try to act like you think there are beautiful. It's a wonder we don't eat newborns to get rid of the evidence of the abomination our bodies produce. I know people are totally happy to have babies, and that is just awesome for them, but those fresh out of the womb are totally disgusting. They do look a tiny bit better about a day later, but not by much. Just a little less like a small, wet skin-sack of bones.

Yesterday, leaving work, I got stuck at the light to take my left on to the interstate, which gave me the chance to watch a man in tight, pale blue jeans, a tucked in burnt-orange t-shirt, a construction helmet march through the intersection with a huge Texas flag on a pole. He was muttering in a slightly aggressive way. I was the third car back, so I wasn't able to really cheer him on with hoots and fist pumps. He seemed really excited to be out there, and the wind was cooperating in making that flag wave. Surprised it didn't blow him right off the bridge. That's a newspaper article I'd want to read: Construction worker fell to his death carrying a full-sized Texas flag to the horror of onlookers waiting for the light to change. Maybe it should be a short story, because I don't actually want him to die for me to have an enjoyable read.

Some people from one of The Boy's job gave him a really awesome boa for his birthday. I have no idea why or what it had to do with him turning 40 (should I expect a mid-life crisis of cross-dressing cabaret singer?). It has black and red feathers with sparkly red tinsel bits. I have a dress mannequin (you know, for those days when I break out my antique Singer), which I like to dress in all the embarrassing name tags I've had to wear over the years, plus any friends' name tags. There are other items around "her," like a rope noose and my hat that I wear when I want to feel like I'm from the 1940s. Now she has a boa to adorn her. The best thing I have on the mannequin (beside the awesome boa) is a whistle that got dropped when we saw Peelander-Z at a SXSW day show last year.

Here's a video you can watch to see just how kick-ass this group is. I'm in love with the boy-girl drummer. Swoon. This is a bit of a mash-up of their songs, but it starts with Mad Tiger (where we got our new song, "Mad Whoopis, mad Whoopis"), and ends with human bowling. The whistle was dropped during this part of the show. In the video is me, The Boy and Wikus--good luck finding us! You can really hear that whistle during the end of the clip. That singer is so cute in that ugly gap-tooth way, but not cute enough to get me to make out with the whistle. I'm sure it is safe enough to blow on now, but I'm not trying it out sober.



If Peelander-Z ever comes to your town, you'd be remiss if you didn't go see them.

No comments: