14 February 2010

A Heart-Shaped Box of Dust Bunnies

Spent the past two hours trying to get the internet to work. Thanks AT&T! Who, by the way, never showed up this past Tuesday (it is Sunday for your time reference) and the phone sometimes rings now, but no one can hear what we're saying. Grande better fucking deliver me some consistent internet come Tuesday!

Who's going to try the Flirty Girl Fitness Pole with me? Now is the time to have some pole fun. I'm in the midst of totally emptying the livingroom. I must take many breaks due to all the dust. And to appease my laziness. With an empty livingroom that is soon to be covered in lovely butterscotch hardwood flooring, it is the perfect time to install a Flirty Girl Fitness Pole. Please come help me unlock my inner diva (I totally originally wrote "demon" instead of "diva").

Since it has been so damn cold here lately, I brought my succulents inside to bathe in the light of ET's terrarium. Two of the three cats came by to give them a good healthy sniff. I thought that was as far as it would go considering they are cactus, and therefore covered in sharp prickly bits. Part of my succulent collections are some hens-and-chicks, which are not sharp and prickly. Of course wily Whoopis figured this out, and took a nice bite out of one of the chicks. So rude! I have no idea if he managed to swallow anything, but Whoopis immediately started puking thick white foam all over the carpet (go for it Whoopis--ruin that nasty carpet, it is so getting ripped up on Monday). I made the appropriate sympathizing noises and petted him, and thinking to myself, well, that's nature's way of telling you, "Don't Eat Me!" Lesson learned and all that. Oh, no, not tenacious Whoopis. He went right back over to the hen-and-chicks and tried again, with the same results. This is a cat who knows how to turn doorknobs. I had higher expectations.



At some unholy hour this morning, I was jerked out of my sleep by what sounded like one hell of a kegger going on at one of the houses behind me. It was in the 30s last night. What the fuck were they doing outside drinking and singing? Did a frat move in behind us? Not even remotely acceptable. My strong constitution for not being awake totally won over, but it took awhile.

Wikus reports that the grocery store is mostly empty except for "a few dorks purchasing their grocery-store-quality declarations of undying love." Myself, I prefer my love to come from Walgreens. Thankfully, The Boy understands my distaste of Valentine's Day, and we probably won't even acknowledge it as we grunt and push the organ in to the kitchen; same goes with ET's tank, because hot damn that fucker is heavy with sand. Nothing says "I love you" like dust bunnies and heavy lifting.

No comments: