26 February 2010

Sons of the Screech Owl

Does anyone else have a problem with biting in to fruit that just came out of the fridge? My teeth just can't handle that kind of cold. I don't like ice cubes in my drinks either; damn cold bits clinking against my teeth is totally unacceptable. I only bring this up because The Boy is insisting I eat the fruit we got on his birthday from his mom. I have a strawberry sitting on the edge of the futon warming up as I type.

I should also mention, while I'm talking about my weird quirks, I do not like when The Boy starts eating fruit when I'm eating my savory dinner. It totally ruins my meal. I don't like my chicken to taste like strawberries or bananas or apples or cantaloupe or pineapple or whatever fruit he chooses to sully my lunch/dinner.

The Boy and Wikus just hugged in a totally gushy way. I giggled and looked away in embarrassment for them. Now they are discussing boring things like some "guitar project" The Boy is going to do with some "cheap" guitar he bought (due to Wikus pointing it out to him). See? Boring. They are totally talking about the guitar's frets and how they may need to sand them down according to some reviewers feelings regarding them. I cannot make them shut up. Wikus just gave The Boy a birthday gift (a spider capo that can hold down various strings to make chords--yawn). This seems to make both of them very happy.

My nose feels like it is itching to have a nosebleed. I look forward to when I wake up at 2am with it running down my face. Another strong cold front is coming through, and the wind is blowing who knows what in to my sinuses. When will this fucking winter end?

If you go and take a poo at work and forgot to look to see if there is any toilet paper in the stall, cross your fingers that toilet-seat covers are in stock. I was that lucky today. I'm not sure what I would have done otherwise.

Wikus feels that the Netflix offering tonight is a "ladies' movie." I will enjoy making him watch it.

Last night I allowed myself to watch some of the Olympics (I honestly don't think I have tuned in to the Olympics since I was a teenager--where, I remember them playing something from JAMC's Darklands behind some commentators' blah blah), and some things have seriously changed. Fink-Nottle told me that since the winter Olympics has less to offer than the summer ones, that some committee decided to allow some EXTREME sports like those fucking aerials. There was something slightly sickening about watching people's suicide wish in action. Hey, I know, sure it sounds fun to go up 50' or so in the air and spend my next 3 seconds twirling around and hoping my legs find the ground before my face does. Then there was this bullshit nordic combined, where I guess there are exciting bits to it, but all we were shown was these guys cross-country skiing around and around and around a track. Who they fuck wants to watch that? I tried to describe all this to Wikus, who was more interested in if there was Yeti fighting and yak racing. Sadly, the Olympics just are not ready for that kind of fun. The only awesome part about the nordic combined was how the coaches would chase the skiers from the sidelines (and once a coach was actually on the track behind a skier yelling at him). I'm trying to imagine this happening during track and field--a coach pacing the runner and shouting at his athlete. I find it hilarious. "How, asshole, I can totally keep up with you and I'm only your pot-bellied coach...speed it up, mofo. Someone has to pay for the money that was spent to get you out here!"

Our new imaginary band name is Sons of the Screech Owl.

No comments: