14 April 2010

Pumpkin Puree With Cherry Anyone?

Spring is here and that means a modicum of people on the street.  This is no New York, Boston or San Francisco.  Texans certainly enjoy their cars, and I admit that I adore mine.  There's not many places to actually walk here, which makes all that car driving easier.  Who wants to walk down a long barren corridor of concrete, used-car lots, pawn shops, county offices, gas stations, etc.  Oh wait, that is specific to my neighborhood.  There are other areas that are your typical nice (coffee shops, bars, family-owned restaurants, parks, etc.), I'm just not near them, and when I am, I probably have high heels on and don't want to walk more than a block.  Christ, I'm totally off point tonight.  What I'm getting at here has nothing to do with this damn city.  I'm getting back to focusing (my brain wrote "fucking" instead of  "focusing" if you want to understand what I'm struggling against).

When I do happen to be walking down the street, and approach a woman with some young baby in hand or in a perambulator (I believe I have been using this word since I read some Mary Poppins book when I was young), the woman always looks me in the eyes with this smile.  This smile that is two seconds from saying, "why, thank you!"  I might be totally making this up in my crazy head, but I feel like she is just expecting everyone she walks by to tell her what a beautiful baby she has.  She is primed to respond due to how often people have commented on her little precious.  I've never even bother looking at the kids.  Babies are ugly.  End of story.

Tee hee, the boy on 16 and Under just bought his pregnant young lady friend a diamond engagement ring from a pawn shop.  Not really funny, really sad.  Good for him being thrifty, but sad to due it off the backs of other people who had to pawn their valuables.  I'll never understand why people want diamond engagement rings anyway.  Yes, yes, I have no desire to get married, so maybe I know nothing.  I hear you, and DISAGREE. 

Poor ET is still having his mucous poos.  Need to set a vet date.  I have not taken him to a vet, but at least I know somewhere to take my exotic pet.  Hi, here's my African spur-thigh sulcata; he poos something akin to what my allergies produce.  Please fix him.  Thanks.  ET, why are you launching snot rockets out of your ass?  I'd understand if you did it on some new mom who was all proud of her baby and showing it off on the street looking for comments, but you do it in your own home next to your food and where you sleep.  You're smarter than that!  I just know it.

Speaking of snot babies:

guamaniac:    stupid snot babies
guamaniac:    abort!
Grumples:    i hate them so much
Grumples:    i can't find an abortionist for my snot babies
Grumples:    too many doctors believe snot babies are our future
guamaniac:    there are already too many snot babies not being cared for. think about the quality of life. i could never provide properly for my snot babies. they are better off dead.
Grumples:    i absolutely agree
Grumples:    they are not all even born yet, and i'm already yelling at them, and harassing them to get out of my house and never call me again
guamaniac:    i keep throwing them in the trash, like any good mother would and yet they still come around.
Grumples:    i know!  i have drowned mine in the shower and the sink.  i have flicked them across the room and on the lawn.  why do they like me so much when i have only shown them hate?

We soon switched to discussing bacon sculptures, and our love of bacon and white-bread sandwiches (BWBs).  I don't know anyone else who has my love for such a greasy salty treat.  We are going to have a date where we just eat BSBs and take lewd photos of each other.  Then we'll take a long nap.  We work really hard and deserve those naps.

I have a bunbun fun action playdate on Saturday.  Who's jealous?

Look what I found in the yard this afternoon:


We had a seriously brutal winter (for central Texas that is).  In the late fall I planted a very nice aloe vera that I had been cultivating in a pot for a few years.  Bad timing.  The freezes totally killed it.  Or so I thought:


Look at those wee little green shoots coming up from that frost-bitten mess.

Finally, I leave all of you with a tasty treat:

No comments: