19 April 2010

Therapy Is Not Going to Help Me Be Pretty but MTV Might

This past weekend was a bit of a struggle, but there were some good spots shiny spots between all the other crap.  In no particular order, here are the highlights.

1. Fink-Nottle had a birthday, and even though I didn't get to witness it in person, I know that he and Frijole got all fancy for a night out at Wicked.  He also received my  birthday gift on time.  Now he has three more books to add to his ever lengthening to-read list (his may be longer than mine since he has more extracurricular activities than me.

2. Doctor Who premiered.  It was silly but still good.  I had a hard time graduating from Christopher Eccleston to David Tennant, and I imagine the same thing will happen eventually with Matt Smith.  I was so sad to lose David Tennant; I had become so enamoured of him.  I will know I have moved on when I no longer notice how weird looking Matt Smith is.  I am out on the new girl right now.  I'm definitely not thrilled with this whole she's-getting-married-tomorrow-but-will-explore-the-world-and-discover-new-things-about-herself-along-the-way theme.  We'll see.

3.  Mattress was scared by a gecko in the house.  He got all puffy-tailed and gave sad puppy eyes to his father.  The Boy went to the gecko's rescue, while I ran around looking for an appropriate cup to scoop it up with.  From the kitchen I hear The Boy make the strangest noise.  The gecko got fresh with my man and ran straight up his pants leg, thus making The Boy clamp his pants closed, gimped over to the door and shook that gecko out of his pants.  It was awesome.  And yes, we have geckos despite what someone tried to tell me (you know who you are!).  Wikus always come through with the scientifical back-up necessary to prove everyone else wrong.  

4. Later same night I kept hearing this strange noise, which I felt had to be inside my head because The Boy didn't seem to notice.  I finally broke down and asked him if he was hearing it.  He did a perfect imitation of the noise, which made me feel better.  As I was getting ready for the bed and doing my bathroom ablution, I could hear the noise much clearer.  Owls!  That noise was totally motherfucking owls!  I have spent the whole week watching those baby owls, and hot damn if owls weren't visiting me!  We ran outside (where it was very dark and wet), and found one rather quickly as it was sitting on this very tall antenna that is near the house (The Boy says the guy is a ham-radio operator, but that antenna is beyond small-time radio).  Then we noticed that directly across from the owl on the same bar but opposite end was another owl.  They were whoing at each other in regular intervals.  It was way too dark to take a picture, which is sad.  I haven't heard them since, but I fantasize about them living somewhere close by.

5. Play date with my Lady Poet and her bunbun.  A tea party with salty chocolate-chip cookies, bread and bree with apples.  Bunny ate a bit of apple from my hands, and then freaked out for a bit.  It was a really nice afternoon.



Bunbun in a box!

6. Quelf night with C&L.  That was some serious awesomeness.  We also played Zombie Fluxx and Pit.  There was that one moment where both C and I had some um, digestive issues, but we rallied and the fun continues.  C had to write a little poem about The Boy, and she ended it with "he smells like one poo."  One poo!  I'm so glad he only smells like one poo and not a lot of poos.  C gave me the best present ever, and I forever owe her for making it happen.  She knows what I'm talking about--thank you!

7.  Wildflower walk with Wikus.  We have tried to go there three other times and for different reasons just couldn't make it.  Seriously lame.  This time we were almost turned back again due to parking issues, but some nice man gave us his spot, and we even avoided paying for it.  Brahahaha.


 

8. Cheez-Its!

The rest of the weekend was weird muscles aches, a grumpy stomach, extreme lethargy, horrible migraine, and shit tons of snot.  Had to call in sick to work today, which totally sucked because I actually have things to do, and now I can't be lazy and stretch these things out over the week and will have to hoof it.  Grrr.  I slept for 14 hours straight and took a nap.  I also went grocery shopping where there were a lot of annoying people milling about as if the grocery store was a club and there was an open bar.  Tomorrow, I will try being a part of life again.

ET visited the vet Saturday morning.  He left some serious mucous poo all over the counter, and the vet was unable to pry ET's mouth open to get a look inside (ET refuses to say, "Ahhhh!").  He weighs 4.75lbs!  It seems he has a staph infection and we have to give him a shot in the leg every 72 hours.  The vet assistant gave him his first shot, and tomorrow it will be out turn.  That should be fun.  It will definitely take three of us.  I just hope we won't need to call Wikus as an emergency third person.  The vet wants an actual stool sample (that isn't mucus) to check ET's bacteria level.  It seems we can collect that and put it in the fridge and it will last awhile (unlike collecting cat stool).  I got some timothy hay for him so he can graze as if he was in the wild.  He ate a bit of it yesterday, but doesn't seem very interested today.  He has learned to be a better farter by lifting up his back end when ever he lets one loose.  I like how he's learning.  My son is awesome.

Also, bad, Cheez-Its.  I can't stop.  Help.

No comments: