04 April 2010

Zombie Jebus Bit Me

It's Zombie Day!  Jebus wants my brains, so I have battened the hatches and made sure my brain activity was off the grid by taking lots of naps.  I am prepared to kill loved ones who have been infected by Zombie Jebus.  As I posted to a friend today, "Don't think, just kill."  It's an important mantra on a day like today. 

Seriously, I have really done next to nothing.  My whole day has consisted of waking, feeding cats and giving Whoopis his insulin, then a nap with Mattress on the couch, a flurry of activity that included cleaning the shitbox, lighting some candles and giving ET a bath.  A long nap was required after that.  Dinner in front of the last season of Coupling with The Boy, and then I packed up some old glassware to go to Goodwill (the glasses had been sitting on the counter since we hosted UFGT a month ago).  Whew.  Long day. 

Why are so many BBC series six episodes in length?  How do they ever get by over there?  Maybe they can be found at the bar during all the times one would normally be watching television.

My brain has been ruminating on some mosaic ideas, and get this shit, I'm thinking of doing a series for friends' children.  No, I'm totally not making that up--I know what you are thinking.  They also will not be built to explode when a child touches it.  These are friends' children I'm talking about here.  Not those troll babies that belong to strangers.  I need something to easy to get back in to the swing of things.  The mosaics I'm thinking of are very simple to make--a bit of the ring saw and then a one-color background. Like this one I did for Pink Cheetah ages ago (she's not a child, I just thought she'd enjoy it).


Now to clean my studio (aka garage), and come up with a few designs.  I'm still in a nautical phase.  I have to talk about it to get past my lethargy, so people, please encourage me to get off my lazy ass and start making things...things for children.  Gawd, I have no idea what has gotten in to me to think about this at all.

Maybe Zombie Jebus did get to me after all.

No comments: