26 October 2010

Give Me a Dollar, I'll Cry on It

Apparently, I took my Ambien too early last night.  Luckily, I did not learn a harsh lesson, but a lesson was still learned.  Things I did on Ambien with zero memory of it happening:

  1. Posted my blog to Facebook with the comment, "Wherein I am pretty sure that I did talk about sex and make other inappropriate thoughts and references. If that isn't true. Send me a dollar. I'll cry on it and send it back to you." I did not talk about sex (inappropriate or otherwise). So it seems all of you should be sending me a dollar, which I promise to cry on and send back to you.  Why would I say that?  I have no idea!  However, it is a catchy phrase.
  2. Every night, before I go to bed, I lay out what I want to wear the next day.  I managed to put an ensemble together, but it was a total surprise to me when I went to get dressed this morning.  Thankfully, it all matched, and I only had to find socks to wear with it.  The only strange thing was I picked a strapless bra to wear under my tank top and sweater.  I wore it anyway.  It's best to follow what my subconscious tells me to do.
  3. When The Boy got home from rehearsal, he claims I wanted to watch How I Met Your Mother. He complied, just to have me pass out on his side of the bed.  The kind of passed out where he couldn't move me.  I woke up on my side of the bed, so I managed to get there at some point.  Go me!
At least nothing embarrassing happened.  Such as:

  1. Realizing at work that I had been waking around with not only my fly unzipped, but also not buttoned.  I had only managed the belt.
  2. In the car, after attending a wedding on Saturday (congrats you crazy kids), I noticed that my slightly tinted lip gloss was all over my mouth heading toward my chin. I looked like I had spent the wedding involved in some serious heavy petting with a bearded person.
  3. Something else that I can't even bear to mention, because it was less about being embarrassed and more about my own insecurities.
Sorry, that last one was kind of lame, but it is the most painful for me.  Ah, such complicated feelings and mixed emotions.  I think I should just stick to playing Angry Birds, and keeping my mouth shut and fingers busy.  Thank you EM for getting me addicted to yet another iPhone app.  We really know how to waste time at work.  Experts even.

No comments: