16 October 2010

Hand-Knitted Fish Taco

Mosquitoes love me.  There will be zero mosquitoes around, NONE, and suddenly they will appear all over my body.  People will stand around and stare at me as I slap myself and grumble.  The weather has been a lot cooler, especially at nights, and one would think the mosquitoes are wintering in Florida by now.  However, spending the afternoon in the garage mosaicing has learned me a valuable lesson.  The garage is filled with invisible mosquitoes, and I should cover myself in a bug net, and pretend to mosaic.  They fucking bite my fingers for crap's sake.  My forehead has a few red, itchy bumps.  My shins are ablaze.  Even my stomach wasn't left alone.  Fucking mosquitoes. 

Last night I got a prezzie in the mail from Ivy Vyne.  It was a hand-knitted fish taco.  It is so fucking awesome.  Tortilla.  Lettuce.  Cheese.  Salsa.  Fish.  I can feel the world's jealousy prickling my skin.  I would never ever eat a fish taco, and to have this knitted representation of the most foul combination of ingredients ever, is the most magical, thoughtful gift I have ever received (okay Boy, the Fluevog shoes obviously count as well).  I'll post a picture of it tomorrow.  I hope the next thing she knits me as a grumpy Carebear.

Last night I went to happy hour with CSP and a couple of his friends.  It was a very lovely afternoon, and his friends were very entertaining, and didn't seem to notice that I was stabbing myself in the leg when they were talking about football.  They even hugged me when I left.  And I didn't mind!  We had this very cute boyish girl waiting on our table, and I swear, I SWEAR, that she was my waitress this morning at breakfast.  We kept giving each other the eye, and I just couldn't bring myself to ask if she worked at Freddie's (south Austin) and Kerbey Lane (one far north Austin).  It seems so inconceivable. 

Tonight we're off to see The Vaseline's.  I have no clue what they are going to sound like here in 2010, but I'm looking forward to it.  Off to shower the glass dust off my body.

No comments: