28 October 2010

Goslings

Autumn is here. The leaves are falling and look like baby ducks floating in the creek. The wind is brisk and the light is casting yellow-gold angles. I'm wearing a wool skirt and tights to honor the change. I'm in all brown with hints of mulberry and turquoise.

Normally I'd be quite happy with this moment--this pause before winter. Yet, I found myself by the creek this morning to quietly grieve on a friend's behalf. It's not my burden; yet, I have internalized and feel just awful for what she is going through. I want to cry and breathing is difficult. I want to help her, change things that have already been put in to motion. Make the world stop, so we can all catch our breath and feel the loveliness of fall on our skins.

I am left hollow, wind-blown and ragged. Winter is around the corner. I already feel it. All I can do is keep my friend warm with support, comfort and love.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments: