24 October 2010

Who's Got Elevator Butt?

For the first few months of the kittens' lives, we felt that they were almost too fragile to cuddle.  That if we petted them too hard, their skulls would cracks and ribs would break.  Everything about them was dainty and delicate.  Then one day, we discovered that they were ready for grabby hands and elevator butt.  Horchata, in particular, loves elevator butt.  He wants you to practically beat on his ass, and he'll raise his haunches high in thank you.  They still won't crawl in my lap, and prefer The Boy over me, but at least I can manhandle them now.
_______________________________________________________________

Yesterday was almost fully taken up by a friend's wedding.  It was a blend of Amerian and Indian customs, with plenty of beautiful saris and jodhpuri suits (at least I think that is what the men call their garments).  It was all very lovely, and it was an honor to be a part of it.  We even got to enjoy sexy dancing with veils and gyrating bodies.  Yum.  American weddings are so boring with the entertainment at the reception.  You have to sit through a lot of toasts and the guests' crappy dancing.  Not so at an Indian reception.  They entertain you with actual talented groups of people dancing for you.  I bet there were some boners in the room.

The only downside to all this was how I didn't get to mosaic, and that the catered dinner was Indian food.  I know, what did I expect really?  I just can't stand the stuff.  I have tried it.  I remember going to an Indian restaurant in Harvard Square with my besty college friend for her 21st birthday.  I think I was only able to eat the paratha bread (and as I picked the peas out of it, I cried on the inside).  The smell of curry hits my brain in such a way that I feel like my eyes are being stabbed out and the lining of my sinuses doused with gasoline and lit on fire.  If I vomited on a plate of Indian food, I wouldn't be able to discern the difference between my puke and the food.  As a general rule, I like to my food to be a little less already-digested looking.

So, I ate a cupcake for dinner.  It was tasty.
_______________________________________________________________

Thus today I spent mosaicing.  Actually I squandered some time in front of the television.  Then I took the trash and recycling out to the bins.  I accompanied ET on a walk around the backyard (he has put a hole in our chain-link fence, and is fully aware of how to find it every time he'd like to leave the backyard for a visit to the front yard).  Then I got to business.  I spent an hour or more actually redoing part of the mosaic I wasn't happy with, so my progress was diminished a bit by this.  However, I feel way better about how it looks now.

Light table courtesy of MC (aka: awesomest girl in town)

No comments: