26 October 2009

After a Day's Rest

The weather is 55 and rainy. Which is just terrible if you have to be outside, but it is that time of year that is so nice inside. The cats are snugly, no one is calling me crazy for being under a blanket, and I can wear silly outfits to mosaic in the garage.



Check out that mighty-fine combination of pink-striped fuzzy pajama pants, red argyle socks and Converse. Seriously, this is the best outfit I've ever worn in the garage. Ok, I did run the space heater for the first hour or so, but so what? I'm allowed.


Day 5: mix of Luna songs, 2.5 hours




Some of you have asked about the tools I use. Here is most of them: WeldBond glue (best glue ever made, EVER), safety glasses (I really need to purchase ones that aren't as cheap), paintbrush (WARNING: do not use your hands to swipe glass bits off of table and mosaic), tile nippers (for chipping away very tiny areas of glass), glass cutter (scores the glass), and the thing I always forget the name of (breaks the glass along the score line). Not featured here is my grinder and ring saw. I have yet to break out the ring saw on this project, but probably will when I get to the seahorse. Also not featured is a green marker I stole a very long time ago from Wikus that I use to mark where I want to score my glass. Thanks Wikus!

No comments: