23 October 2009

Day 3 of Even MORE Snot

The sad day has come where my boss, my sweet sarcastic boss has to move upstairs. The company is sorting out the pecking order, and felt that she was on too low of a level to be taken seriously. Read: We want to micromanage and keep an eye on you because your employees seem to actually respect you, and that makes us very nervous. She is moving up 5 flights. FIVE FLIGHTS! I'll never see her again. This means I will be left alone with Ex-cop, ECL and Twit. Ex-cop is supposed to be moving to an office even closer to me, which is sad since he is so loud, will only use the phone on speaker, and he'll have more chances to lay his eyes upon me and realize that he yet again has no idea what he's doing so he'll ask me to do it for him. However, it seems that he is trying to use his cop connections to stay where he is, which effects a large part of the move. He's such an ass.

A very nice lady helped my boss pack up her office, which stirred up a terrible amount of dust. I complained a lot and breathed through my jacket. My dust allergies are so bad, that my tongue actually starts swelling. Obviously this meant it was a great time to go sit in my dusty garage!

Today The Boy joined me in the garage and we rocked out to the Magnetic Fields together. He has such a nice deep hum to his voice, that really cancels out the shrill cartoony sound of my voice. He is working on soldering some effect pedals, and I was chatty, but I don't think he could concentrate well when I totally acted like a 5-year-old and asked every 3 minutes how soldering worked, and what does he do if he messes up, is it really hot, does it smell, whatcha doin'? I'm not used to company when I work, and it seems I can talk and mosaic at the same time. I'm just that talented. Even more so considering all the sneezing and wiping of my snot with my glass-dusted fingers. It's hella fun!

Day 3: mix of Magnetic Fields songs and 2.5 hours



Tomorrow I am going to go to town on this sucker. I expect to have the whole bottom finished. The colors are way better than they show up in the photo. Especially the purple. When the light shines through it, we're all going to have to hold our breath for fear of dying from the beauty.

No comments: