14 October 2009

Not Another Medical Drama!

Once again, I find myself nowhere near the remote, and am stuck watching some horrible new medical show. It is not as bad as the one from the other night, but damn, someone is getting paid to come up with this crap and it is NOT me. Which is a damn shame, because think of the slothful life I could live if I wrote these shows. I could do that from the couch...in my underwear, while watching Quincy (to bring back that old-school flavor).

It's snappy, one-word title is "Mercy." Contemporary, minimal, edgy! It gets even better--at least one doctor and one nurse are Iraq war veterans. I know, so damn topical. Think of the drama! They knew each other in the field, but the hospital is professional work setting! It is not a war-torn country. You can't have the easy banter and lax rules of the battlefield. This makes life super TUFF. Especially when you are treating another vet. I may sound snide and like I don't care about such things as people resuming their lives after coming back from war, but that would be wrong. I'm pissed off that they are making such a mockery of these people on this pathetic show.

If you are looking to see Michelle Trachtenberg's tits smacking her in the face every 2 seconds, then totally tune in. I fear looking it up on Google, but really, where did those pillows come from? Of course I watched our little Dawn grow up on Buffy, and saw the bumps appear, but we're not talking Punky Brewster breastage. So either she got really really lucky as a late teenager and woke up smuggling some nice prezzies under her pajamas, or she had some help. I have no problem with plastic surgery, but goddammit, just let me see them so I can determine if it was nature or not. My curiosity must be satisfied. I won't be able to sleep tonight. I'll just keep seeing her bits bobbing along in my mind.

Also, if you like that dude on Weeds, Guillermo, he plays a gay nurse on this silliness. Which is kind of charming in its own way. And his total weight gain on Weeds totally makes more sense on Mercy. He is such a cuddly bear.

Uh oh, full body shot of Michelle, I'm starting to realize that the breast may be natural. It goes well with the bottom half of her; however, that could just be the widescreen being cruel. "I smell like stale tequila and rejection." Yes, she just said that line. Yet, someone paid her to say it. Makes her smarter than me.

Excuse me, I need to go drink tequila and work at my specific brand of navel gazing.

No comments: