17 October 2009

Dying with Vim & Vigor

Finally, a sunny day with a crisp breeze. All the colors were in high contrast and butterflies were everywhere. I tried to get Wikus to pose with the pink gorilla next to the bingo parlor, but he refused. With the light so gorgeously splashing around, I think it would have been a perfect photo. Though, that pink gorilla really could use a fresh paint job.

Wikus is helping me draw out my idea for my next project. I am fantastic at composition; I can arrange and tell you exactly how those three items there, should be placed for the best aesthetical harmony. However, I really can't draw. That's where Wikus comes to the rescue. I tell him how I see it in my head, I do some rough sketches, and he turns it in to something perfect. He plucks the idea out of my head and makes it real. I truly don't know what I would do without Wikus in my life. Certainly not my art projects.

Currently I have about 3lbs of hair dye in my hair threatening to drip on our lime-green futon cover. The ammonia is burning my nostril hairs, and I feel the constant itch of dye on my scalp. It has been probably a good 5-6 months since I last dyed my hair, and I was feeling bland. I bought this wonderful hat today at Target, very 1940's, and obviously I was going to be able to pull it off until my hair was the color of cherry cola. OBVIOUSLY. I have a very small head, I don't normally wear hats because they cover my ears and hit my nose. So, I must give myself confidence where ever I can to make me feel like I really do look like I know what I'm doing in a hat.

Tomorrow I'm borrowing a dog for the AIDS walk. We'll see how that goes. My guess is the dog will come home telling her owner how awesome I am. Like, "When I was on that walk with Grumples, yeah, she let me eat a whole deep-fried ham. She's so cool." "She also let me eat my own shit, then give her a sloppy dog kiss." I'm totally going to undue years of training. She's a therapy dog, too, so we'll see if I can get her shitting in the seniors' laps at the nursing home. That will give them a reminder of the exciting things in life! Vim and vigor, I tell you.

No comments: