06 October 2009

These Are So Rare in My Life

An email received by my boss today from one of the HR Advisers at the company:

(Boss Lady)

I just wanted to send you a quick note regarding (Grumples). The level of service she provides is extremely appreciated, as is the demeanor she uses to communicate. Every time I call her, she is always very quick to help with anything i need and always, always makes me laugh. It's the little moments like that through out the day that are so helpful and wanted to tell you that i appreciate all she does.

________________

Ok, so you got me, I am genuinely pleased that someone notices all the hard effort I put in to my job. Especially when all I have to do is give helpful comments about how best to get someone out of a meeting like putting a piece of paper on the windows to the room full of people that says, "(Name), you are needed now in my office, with love, the CEO." See, HARD WORK. Please don't tell anyone that I seem so helpful because I really had nothing else to do except run my farms on Facebook and chat online with my friend in California. Completely quality-time stuff, and I'm not even complaining because it does make me look extremely helpful when someone at work actually needs my help. Forward an email? You got it! Get boss to sign letter and send in I/O mail? Check! Answer the phone and send it to voice mail? Not a problem at all. Look at me go. I'll totally be running the company within a year at this rate!

No comments: