22 October 2009

A Serious Man

Yesterday I ended up being too busy to post anything. I am filled with guilt and self-loathing over it. I may have been able to post if I had remembered to bring home my power cord to my laptop. Which I forgot because as I was packing up to go home, Ex-cop called me wanting to know what versions of "UH-doe-beeee ACK-RO-bat REEE-duhr" he has. I am not going to even go in to the details of how the conversation went downhill from that, and ended with him saying, "Grumples, I am who I am, and I don't know where I put that document." I ran out of here in a blind fury, leaving my power cord plugged in the to power strip. Sad.

However, it was a bit of a good thing, in that I was not able to waste a few hours on the computer, and I was forced to start on a new project in the garage. I swear it is not cutting people up and making art with their body parts. Just my own. Things sometimes do get a bit bloody when I'm working. Mostly just my fingers, and occasionally a cheek or arm. It's a huge project, and I'll have to work on it every day to get it completed by my deadline of December 1st. I'll post pictures of it along the way, but not yet. I worked two hours yesterday, but it is still too early to really have anything to show for it.

Immediately when I came in side, I had to do my best to wipe away the glass grit in my hairline and go pick up Wikus. We had a lovely evening at the record store then viewing the new Coen Bros. movie. It was raining a bit, and there was a terrifying moment in the parking lot where I couldn't see a damn thing but bright sparkly lights in total darkness. Yeah night blindness. Wikus basically had to do the seeing for me and guide me around curbs and cars. I did not cry, but I felt like it.

I picked up four CDs: House of Love Live at the BBC, the new http://www.theraveonettes.com/, the new Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions, and the new Noah and the Whale. I'm listening to the House of Love right now. I love these guys. I want to slice my body up on Guy Chadwick's cheeks. Wikus got the new Raveonettes as well, and then some synthesizer album and something else. Honestly, I didn't pay much attention. It was some kind of new day with me buying more CDs than him. He can spend HOURS in a record store. I more or less blank out and my brain forgets it even likes music and feels so overwhelmed it wants to run away. The fact I came away with four and didn't even have a list, is something I'm a bit too proud of.

"A Serious Man" was pretty good. Better than "Burn Before Reading," but not nearly as good as "No Country for Old Men." I think I'm too goy to understand their latest movie. I have spent most of my life in Texas, and without having been in Boston for 5 years, I probably would have understood even less. I hate the Texas school system and how much it has crippled me. Good think I am able to educate myself, when I'm not feeling too lazy and watching How I Met Your Mother and America's Next Top Model instead. My priorities may need to be looked at. The movie is in a word, fatalistic. So right up Wikus' alley. My drugs may be working too good now to really enjoy something so depressing. I mean, you might as well show me a movie of my own life. I don't need to have it totally rubbed in by watching someone who is just as unlucky as me go through his day. There were plenty of jokes, but it wasn't enough to get me through the horribleness of it all. So, yes, a good movie, because it was too realistic. "No Country for Old Men" is depressing in a totally different way, one that I found absolutely riveting. But this one, damn, just kill the guy already, he has been through enough already. Even if some of it is obviously a farce, it was still painful to watch. I'm one of those people who will cover my eyes when something embarrassing is about to happen to a character--I feel what these people are going through, because chances are I have been there, too. Oy vey!

I used the last remaining juice of my laptop battery to upload the CDs in to iTunes, and even then I couldn't get them on to my iPod until I got to work late this morning (oh the humanity of rains and winds and my sinuses). I now have to work late, and it has turned in to such a beautiful day. And so my life goes.

No comments: