08 March 2010

Moist, It's Really About Bread

In the shower this morning while I cleaned myself and dozed at the same time, I started in on this sort of fantasy where the friends and co. are playing Quelf and I had to write a poem to C and use a word she dislikes.  Now, I have no idea why my brain gets such ideas, and I hope C doesn't mind that I was thinking of her whilst showering (at no point did I think of her actually showering, it was all pretty innocent on that front).  C does not like the word "moist."  Any time that word is said, she'll tell you how she doesn't like it, and give a shiver and eye roll while making a serious YUCK face.  She'll also tell you that she is allergic to eggplant, but not when "moist" is mentioned.  You'd be surprised how often eggplant comes up in conversation.

Sadly, I did not write down my Moist poem, so I am doing my best to recollect it (I was sleeping and showering after all).

moist is the dark
where yeast rises
punch down dough
to make the little loaves

It starts off sounding so dirty, but it is about bread!  I have no idea if there really is a Quelf card that asks for such a thing, but I can always make up a card and slip it in to the deck, and I'm all prepared in the infinitesimal chance I a) get the card and b) C is playing with us when card is obtained. 

___________________________________

Urban Race update:  Okay, a lot of confusion happened yesterday with my connection to the team only being my crappy cellphone and their quickly fired text messages.  I'm going to call my coworker Towlie from here on out (to differentiate her from my other coworker who does not want to be called Slag-Bag).  Towlie's team came in either 31st or 32nd (she claims one team was listed twice), and her daughters' team came in 20th.  Towlie's husband is friends with a team that came in 4th, and we'll be pumping them for information as we lead up to the Great Urban Race at the end of the month.

Also, it seems there were other questions they didn't bother asking me because they were so easy--didn't want to waste my precious brain's processing time.  However, we do have a plan for the next race on how we won't have to rely on the phone as much, and I'll end up knowing all the clues, from super easy to super hard.  We already have some strategies in place, including my actual knowledge of the piss-poor bus system.  I'm bookmarking important internet pages, and feel I will be much more prepared for this next race.  We must come in the top10 before I feel validated.  Good thing I'm not actually on the streets with them during the race.  I'd be so competitive and bossy, while at the same time whining for more water and just a moment to take a break, but no one else better be such a baby or I will get angry!

Some of the dares they had to do were stick their face in some whipped cream (that had presumably been sitting outside during the whole race) and find some bubblegum with just your tongue, then blow a big bubble with it (I asked Towlie why there was no picture of that travesty and she was evasive).  They had to do a wheelbarrow race (Towlie's husband was the wheelbarrow, which I think is silly since Towlie probably weighs 95lbs, and her husband could probably just run her body across the course without Towlie even having to use her arms much).  There was some other game that required throwing things.  They had to take a picture of someone doing a cartwheel and one of them shaking a dog's paw.  Towlie said strangers were pretty nice about it, but she figures it is because they were wearing official t-shirts of the event.  I totally would have told people I was on a scavenger hunt, now give me your black bra.

___________________________________

Peelander-Z!!
Great news out today from my friend at Showlist Austin: Peelander-Z will be here during SXSW with their own free day-show!  We now all know where I'll be Friday, March 19th.  Mad tiger, mad tiger!

No comments: