28 September 2010

Intimate, Inappropriate Details

While both my boys are at the Pavement show, I held a little Red Dwarf party at my house, which was equal parts eating, chatting and Red Dwarf.  A very successful evening.  I'm full of H's stew, and chips and crackers.  It's just terrible what I do to myself when I have people over for fun times.  Sure we only made it through two episodes, but we committed to doing this again next Tuesday.  My young friend I met at H's party Saturday, was just as lovely tonight--though, I should stop pointing out how young she is, because I recall all too painfully how insulting and demeaning I found those sort of comments when I was 22; as if someone who is 35 had these really big, important life experiences that they thought I had not been through, and that wasn't true.  She probably has a lot to tell me, and things to teach me, and her own dark matters that are different from mine, and a mystery to me.  She's also going to the Guided by Voices show on Thursday, so we obviously travel in the same tight circles.  Obviously.

Today did not start as swell as it ended, but I think I successfully made up for all that tiredness.  CSP described my conversation with him this morning as "whiny."  Gah.  I just wasn't in a good place, and I should have listened to that high-pitch eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in my voice.  Grrr.  Then I found myself in a heavy conversation with a friend, and while I don't regret a single word I said, I do regret my poor choice of timing, and doing it over IM.  I should have been there to look him in the eye, give hugs and squeeze his thigh.  I need him to know I love him very much, and everything I said was because of that love. 

I also offered to give C&L a ride home from the airport.  They have just spent the last three weeks in Europe, and common sense tells me I should hate them for that.  Yet, I'm happy for them, and therefore gladly offered to bring them home.  Of course they missed their flight while hanging out in customs, and I had to shift plans around to accommodate the change in schedule.  This ended up being okay because I made an abbreviated grocery trip, which was a relief because I hate that damn place.  Since I had no idea how much luggage they had with them, I thought it was better not to fill up the car with all the bullshit we haven't bought in months but really really need (like laundry detergent!).

At the grocery store, the women in front of me at the check-in line, told the cashier, "Don't worry, I don't have hemorrhoids anymore!"  The cashier was very polite upon learning such news.  Unfortunately, all I had to follow that up with was, "May I please have a sticker to place over this hole in the litter bag?"  I'm just not good at sharing those intimate, inappropriate details about myself.  Or at least not in person.  Hello, internet!



Perhaps my allergies won't be as cruel tomorrow, and I'll be able to get out of bed in a timely manner, and feel good about myself.  Who knows.  Please just say I won't be such a whiny, crybaby.

Best news today?  Peelander-Z has a show in town next Thursday.  Must be there to lust after the drummer.  Yum.

No comments: