26 September 2010

Please Leave It in the 1980s

Wikus' last words (approximation) to me this morning, a bit after 2am, "eating now would cause weird farts while sleeping."  We probably both went home and had some food--I don't recall any weird farts, but then again I took Ambien at 3:30am and was passed out for quite some time.  I ended up on the couch due to the most obnoxious assholes who live in the house behind us, who thought starting up band practice at 3am was a fantastic idea.  They are very fond of their amp, bass and drums.  It seems ever so louder in the bedroom, thus I took to the couch, got 11 minutes in to "The Guild," and off I went.  The Boy corralled me back to bed around 7am, but my memory of that moment is hazy. 

My friends H&J had a very successful house-warming party last night welcoming J to the fold.  It was a Prohibition party (in that we are against it, so it was more of a Speakeasy party).  I rarely go for a costume party, but my face and body are well-suited for the 1920s, so it was actually enjoyable getting pretty for the night.  Ends up, it had morphed in to a 20th century party, so there were a lot of different styles of dress (including J in acid-washed gray jeans that just made me feel uncomfortable, and compelling Wikus to observe if you were old enough to have lived through acid-washed jeans the first time, you should know better than to do it a second time). 

This party had 19-year-olds at it.  When did I become 16 years older than kids at a party?  Even this very nice young lady I and met and immediately befriended on FB is in her very early 20s (and was a luscious in her 1940s garb).  People were making out on the couch.  I don't even know the last time I was at a party where people were that drunk and open with their lust.  At what age do we start sneaking off to do our dirty business in private versus putting on a humping, open-mouthed groping show in full display of all guests?

The party yielded plans for a Red Dwarf viewing part on Tuesday, and a Quelf night on Friday.  Then there is always Guided by Voices on Thursday.  I should probably go to sleep now and wake up on Tuesday afternoon to find the energy for all that.  Sadly, I have to do timesheets in the morning, and people seem to expect to get paid, so it isn't something I can actually skip.  Lame.

Vocab Sunday
  • philtrum
  • frenulum
  • slimikin
  • prandicle
  • jecorory
  • aquabib
  • somandric
One word for each day of the week.  Please use one in a sentence every hour.   Make your coworkers hate you.  When I was a kid, I lost control of my bike on a downhill driveway and split my upper-lip frenulum when my face smashed in to a pine tree.  It was not pleasant.  That's my one sentence for this hour.  It's also a completely true story.

No comments: