15 September 2010

Sarcastic Moistness

Whew. Hot damn, I've been absent for awhile.  I apologize.

The weekend was a blur of activity.  At this point, I wouldn't be able to do it justice by writing about it.  How about a short list instead?

  • tapas (damn, what was the name of that place?)
  • Drinking
  • Metropolis
  • Drinking
  • Rain
  • Drinking
  • Drinking
  • Oilcan Harry's
  • Drinking
  • Some other bar, name of which I was too drunk to understand what the boys were saying
  • Drinking
  • Magnolia's
  • Drag Queen Brunch at M2
  • Shopping for wigs
  • Wig party at some tiny salon
  • work
  • psychiatrist*
  • hang with boy
  • work
  • stress 
  • stress
  • stress
  • Dining for Life 2010 at Sago
  • terrible sleep
  • fucked-up alarm clock
  • stress
  • class on FILING**
  • work
  • stress
  • stress
  • stress
  • meeting
  • decompress by blogging
How's that?  Most of the "fun" stuff was with Guamaniac.  He has a deep well of energy that I can barely tap in to.  I don't know how he does it.  From something Wikus said, I'm pretty sure Guamaniac is at the  movies tonight.  Stamina! 

* It's a new lady, and she seems very disturbed by the fact that I can practically fall asleep anywhere and any situation, but am completely unable to stay asleep, and thus I nap all the time.  Therefore she wants me to start taking Ambien.  I am very skeptical of this.  Why?  Because I can barely get out of bed as is, what the fuck am I going to do when I'm on some crazy-ass sleeping pill?  I haven't even filled the prescription yet.  I felt that it would probably be best to take it Friday night.

**Please prepare yourself for a rant: I wish I could explain why the fuck I was in this class in the first place, but I cannot.  The only thing positive I can say is I was flanked by CSP and EM.  Filing!  A 2-hour class on how to file.  It was pretty much what one would expect...if it was 1980.  I had to sit and listen to this old lady sing the praises of paper.  She was wet for paper.  Her panties were damp at the thought of file cabinets.  What makes her quake with fear at night, leaving her in a cold sweat?  It's such a dirty thing to say, I can't believe I am going to type this--I'll type it in a small font so it will seem less offensive: technology.  She only trusts microfilm--told us how it was still the favorite archival medium.  Those electronic files are just not safe.  Nor cheap!  Technology is always advancing, and it takes time and money to transfer all those old files over to the new medium.  Paper is timeless!  All those filing systems that are so difficult to transfer over to electronic files...oh, wait.  What's that?  Why can't I?  WHAT THE FUCK IS SHE TALKING ABOUT?  I was forced to actually write on the class evaluation the National Archives and Records Administration's website, so she can reference, when ever she can have someone print it out for her, that they are SCANNING their archives.  Gasp!  Say it isn't so.  Sacrilege.  Who will keep those microfilm people in business now? 

Obviously, when I got back to work, I printed out every email, and started a new filing system just for my paper emails.  It was glorious.  It felt so right.

My panties got wet.

No comments: