30 September 2010

So She Shall Be Named

Driving home from the Guided by Voices show, the opening notes of The Smiths "How Soon is Now" came tinnily out of my car stereo. It made me think of that time in the '90s where you never knew if it was really going to be The Smiths, or if it was a terrible trick where you'd spend the next few minutes cursing, shaking your first in the air and saying damn you "Hippy Chick." Then you'd find yourself in the unfortunate position if actually humming "Hippy Chick" to yourself. Fuck I hated the 90s.

All I'm going to say about GBV is they definitely did not blow my mind. I'm so very glad I have an iPhone and several games of Words With Friends going.

I've been saying silly things today--they just erupt out of me without thinking first. One of those things was "nautical items of novelty" (I swear it was apropos to to the convo at the time). It occurred to me the perfect name for my new, young friend is Nautical. She's a bit naughty, a bit sex-kitten mermaid, and I like the idea of her being a bit of seaside whimsy.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments: