23 January 2010

AT&T Must Enjoy Being Assholes

As mentioned here, we've been having phone and internet problems. After putting in an online request last Sunday (that would be 6 days ago for those of you who are counting), and AT&T felt that they were so fucking busy that they wouldn't be able to come out and check our service until Thursday (and of course charging us for not being able to provide us a phone signal at all and intermittent internet connection). On Thursday, The Boy reported that no one rang the bell, but the phone mysteriously started working in the late afternoon. The internet connection is still spotty (we must unplug the router several times a day to reboot the damn thing). This afternoon, I was napping (the molds and cedar are so fucking high that I am basically a zombie with sinus pain) and the bell rang. I thought maybe it was FedEx since I am waiting for 30lbs of calci-sand for our favorite little tortoise friend. I roused myself solely based on that thought, and it was some AT&T guy. I was surprised, just woken, and a bit woozy, and treated him coldly asking why he was here. He had no idea about the Thursday appointment, and was ready to run away when I managed to spit out that we were still having internet troubles. After he mucked around in the backyard, making my internet go on and off, he zoomed off without ever coming back to tell me what was wrong and if he had fixed anything. The Boy received an email saying AT&T closed our ticket. Only problem was that there was no internet when the guy left, and we had to reboot the router twice before we could get it to work.

Do I call the motherfuckers out and see what happens, or do I just deal with it and dump them as soon as I possibly can and go with Grande (I hate Time Warner just as much as AT&T)?

It seems taking an additional 50% of my anxiety/depression medication has left me with seriously low blood pressure. Beside wanting to die from allergies, every time I get up I go blind and have to wait for my vision to slowly fill back in, while I grab at various items to keep me upright. Thus, it is more of me and the couch. Tonight The Boy and I started Mad Men; we'll see how it goes.

There was a gorgeous sunset tonight. Blazing hot pinks folding in to fiery gold with light blues and purples at the periphery. I love the sunsets here.

No comments: