27 January 2010

Just Another Work Conversation

Boss: I have these snacks (present an array of Weight Watcher chocolate goodies to one of her coequals, exclaiming, "They're only 1 point each!").
Coequal: No, man, it's not worth it. I'll want the whole bag.
Boss: They are individually wrapped.
Me: Meaning we can just give you one.
Coequal: Nah. I won't be able to handle just one (and walks away with his belly leading him out the door)
Boss: blah blah blah, candy, tasty, getting heavy, blah blah blah
Me: I have grape tomatoes at my desk. They are very tasty and nutritious.
Boss: I'm happy for you.
Me: No really, they are a great snack.
Boss: Uh huh. Good for you. At least you won't get prostate cancer.
Me: (stunned silence)
Me: You are aware that I do not have a prostate, right? Nor do you, or you left something out during the description of your colonoscopy last month.
Boss: Well, it's a well-known fact that tomatoes lead to good prostate health.
Me: Be that as it may, I still don't think I'll be developing prostate cancer.
Boss: I'm glad.
Me: Me, too.

No comments: