27 January 2010

Teenage Savants (From Mars)!

For this Wednesday morning, my iPod through out some Misfits for me to listen to, which is really a very nice thing to listen to mid-week. It played "Teenagers From Mars." What I love so much about this song is how for so long I thought they were saying, "Teenage savants and we don't care!" Yes, I never cared about teenage savants either! I'm right there with you Danzing.

This morning I played a fun game of grossing out my awesome coworker (he has picked bar fights in Mexico and we love to talk about the inevitable zombie invasion; there's also his fierce love for animals and his anti-government stances that make him my most favorite loner cowboy who lives in town ever!). This involved me yelling "SCOOP HANDS" and both of us waiving our palms-down fingers-pointed-up hands at each other. Seems I am obviously the queen of scoop hands, he laughed and said, "ew" a lot. Twit tried to get involved in the shenanigans, but she just couldn't figure out what to offer us beyond some giggles that fell flat.

Yesterday I had lunch with a friend I just don't see enough of. She is such a kick-ass sweet person. She has a lot of love in her heart, and like The Boy (whom I met her through), she's always busy. I cannot imagine the well of energy she has to be such a good friend and be a professional musician. She is involved in a lot of high-profile groups, and it is a bit humbling since I really don't do anything I love to do for profit (except all that whoring I do on the weekends). We went to an Argentinian place for lunch, and the waiter was this young man, who was so eager to impress us. He even told me I was funny, when I couldn't pronounce what I wanted, and said "yeah, that" when he pronounced it for me. That was not remotely funny; it was pathetic on my part, but hey, if he wants to think I'm cute, that's great. After lunch, my friend went to the restroom while I held her "axe" (as she so dearly calls her viola), and our waiter came over to me to ask if it was a violin. Not wanting to engage in too much conversation on a subject I know nothing about, I simply responded that "no, it's a viola." At which time, he felt this was an opening to flirt with me. It was hilarious. It gave me a chance to talk my friend up while she was in the loo, and to learn that he hasn't been to the symphony...yet. It kind of felt like he was hoping I'd invite him as a date. Only if he bought the tickets! I'm no sugar momma, kiddo.

I wore a bit of a complicated outfit yesterday, in that there were many layers and tights were involved. Unfortunately, not paying a lot of attention when I woke up, I was also wearing boxer-brief underwear (boy-style for girls! Or, as Hanes calls them, "boy short panties"), which just did not work well under tights. There was a lot of shoving my hands down my tights trying to get the boxers to roll back down on my leg without actually pulling my tights down with them. This made for some fun dancing in the bathroom stall. A lot of pulling, tugging, jiggling, sighing and bending. It's not something I would ordinarily even think much about, other than the automatic toilet kept flushing each time I moved. These toilets do not have covers, and therefore invisible droplets were being flung at me each time I tried to get my boxers to lie flat, my tights up, my layers unstuck from each other, and my skirt to sit where it should. Gross.

No comments: