11 January 2010

Fluffy Little Assholes

The Boy swung by with a nice salad for lunch today (we've been way too depressed to go to the grocery store, but the Guamaniac helped me out with that this evening), and when I went outside to get him (one must have an I.D. card to get in the office building), 3 small white herons landed on the creek at the same time. It was slightly magical, and made me happy for a few minutes. That and the fact that The Boy stopped by in the middle of the day with food. He's been so wonderful. I love him so much.

I didn't have my camera with me, so no pictures of the herons. Which also means I wasn't able to document the beautiful frost patterns on my car this morning. I totally thought I could drive with the frost on my windshield. I went about a block and decided that I may be really depressed, but I'm not quite to suicidal. I pulled over and used a Target giftcard to scrape off the ice. My fingers were miserable and I wanted to go home and go back to bed. Yet, I forged through and made it through 8 hours at work. Eight dull hours.

I was so tired today. For no apparent reason that I could discern, I just started crying when I went to bed last night. Great heaving sobs. That kind of sadness just comes out of nowhere. Or perhaps, from that big hole that the Orange Lover left behind. Maybe I was able to be stoic for a few days to help The Boy, or maybe I just really realized my baby was gone. I sat alone for most of Sunday, and there was no orange love lump cuddling against me. In fact, the other three cats who could very well give me some lovin', all chose to hang out in the bedroom instead. Assholes. Fluffy little assholes that I love. Still. Jerks.

No comments: