20 January 2010

How Not To Use a Whiteboard at Work

It is 2010, right? Seriously. 2010. We all have access to some type of calendar app through a computer or phone, right? At a major company's office, most people definitely have a computer with Outlook on it and it totally has a calendar feature. I know, because I have Outlook, and I use it daily. In fact, I keep the application open all day because that is how much I have to use it.

So, why, exactly, does Twit insist on putting her schedule on the whiteboard hanging above her desk? Her desk is not in an office, it is in an open space that everyone can see as they enter and exit the building. Right now, we can all see that on 1/12/10, she had a 3-hour glucose-screening test.

What's actually even more amusing about this, is she wrote this item down AFTER it happened. Thus, leading me to conclude that its only purpose is for people to ask her about it, since it obviously is not serving as a reminder of an upcoming appointment.

So, yes, everyone, Twit has gestational diabetes. I know this because someone read her whiteboard and fell for her trap, and asked about it, and she was only all too glad to go on and on and on about it. Unfortunately for me, I sit a mere few feet away, and had nowhere to hide. Thanks, Twit.

No comments: