31 January 2010

Ads on FaceBook

I know everyone likes to mention the weird shit FB spits out in the right-hand column of your home page. Usually my favorites are when FB really wants me to reach out and connect to a friend it has deemed lonely and needing of my attention. However, today it is really feeling up in my bizness, and trying to validate its nosiness by offering me free stuff in return! Hot damn, it is my lucky fucking day!

Getting Married? Sign up for a free class & receive a free marriage license from the state of TX. Click here, make it a forever thing.

I wondered what I would get if I decided to make it "a forever thing," so I clicked, and oh, the rewards of doing so!

Getting Married? Got the dress? The Flowers? The forever... You do mean forever, right?
Soul Mates is a free course for newly-wed, nearly-wed and seriously dating couples. Come discover proven ways to:

* Help strengthen your relationships
* Deepen your intimacy
* Prepare you for a lifetime journey together

Complete this ten week course and receive a free marriage license from the state of Texas.


When The Boy gets back from making a death-in-the-family food delivery to some friends, I'm going to sit him down and see if he's ready for some Christ action in our lifetime journey.

I was a little suspect of this "free" marriage license business, so I looked up information about getting married in Texas, in that I felt the license was either already free or there was a way to get it for free. There was just no way that some church was shelling out the dough to help couples get married--maybe if they promised to enroll in a one-year, automatic direct-debit tithing from your personal checking account.

ID Requirement:
In Texas, you will need one valid form of id such as drivers license, certified copy of your birth certificate, U. S. passport, military ID card, and your Social Security number.

Residency Requirement:
Neither one of you have to be a resident of Texas. Texas is a great locale for a destination wedding!

Pre-marital Education:
In Texas, couples are encouraged to attend a premarital education course that is at least four hours duration. It must be finished during the year preceding applying for a marriage license. Contact the county clerk for a roster of area course providers.

Previous Marriage:
If divorced within thirty days, Texas requires that you show a certified copy of your divorce decree stating the 30 day waiting period is waived.

Waiting Period in Texas:
The 72 hours (3 days) waiting period in Texas can be waived for active duty military personnel.

Fees and Other Tests:
$31 - $41 cash, so don't leave home without it! The fees may vary from Texas county to county. Blood tests or medical examinations are not required in Texas.

NOTE: Effective September 2008, the license fee will be waived if a couple takes an 8-hour premarital preparation course that covers important marital skills and issues such as conflict management and communication.


Never mind the abysmal punctuating in the above, I do enjoy how it points out that Texas is a great destination place to get married. "Oh hey, honey, I know there are many wonderful spots to get married in our own state, but really, I've always dreamed of getting married in Texas. Preferably on the Ewing Ranch. I hear it is such a great destination place!"

Now, if I take an 8-hour course on some Tantric sex, would I qualify for the *FREE* marriage license? I would certainly learn important marital skills! Also, I'm fairly certain that to achieve awesome Sting-level Tantric sex, me and my fiance would certainly be good at conflict management and communication. "Sweetie, while I like that you are being forward thinking about toe placement, I would rather you spend more time flexing your vaginal muscles than putting your right big toe in my left ear. Thanks, doll."

No comments: