20 June 2010

Does This Sterilization Come With a One-Week-Later Tummy Tuck?

This has been such a wonderfully relaxing day.  I have felt so good this weekend--awake, full of energy, and only the smallest amount of snots.  I managed to do chores and not want to kill myself.  I was motivated to do dull things!  Dishes washed, litterboxes cleaned, new DVR receiver installed, bedroom picked-up (okay, only enough to get to the TV to install the receiver), laundry, grocery shopping...look at me go!  Since I was kicking so much dull ass, I gave myself permission to take a 3-hour nap.  It was heroic.  It felt so good.  The kittens even snuggled quietly.  Then, because I am all alone (it's the weekend, The Boy is recording), I watched The Proposal on Netflix and didn't have to listen to him shaming me for watching something so lame.  I enjoyed it.  So there.  What can I say?  I'm an interesting dichotomy of low-brow and high-brow and only I know which way I am going to go at any given time. 

It is my understanding that today is Father's Day.  This means nothing to me, but it seems a lot of my Facebook friends are totally about their fathers, and I think that is great.  I am happy for all of my friends who have such happy, loving families.  However, only one person actually sent a happy Father's Day message out there that I could get behind, "Happy Father's Day to all the fathers who have earned it."  Totally.  Best sentence ever.  Thank you my old high-school German-class buddy.  That was such a perfect way to phrase it.

ET continues to poo some disgustingly wet, hay-packed poos.  Today he squeezed out two, and I congratulated him on his good work and perseverance.  He has a vet appointment on Thursday, and I am hoping it is the last for awhile.  I believe they are going to give him x-rays to make sure his colon truly is clear (how can it not be, look at all that hay poo!). 

I was reading this blog today, and now I am all paranoid about my sterilization.  I know they pump gas in to you to lift and separate the organs in an attempt to risk nicking of various things that should not be nicked, and I knew that it is painful and for whatever reason really hurts the shoulders.  What I did not know is that your stomach can swell to ginormous size (Schmutzie described hers as looking 8-months pregnant) in a very short amount of time.  Then you have to wait for it to go back down to a normal size (FARTS!), but it could leave me with a saggy skin curtain for a belly.  This is not okay!  What do I do?  I have a great stomach.  I do not exercise and it has always forgiven me for this.  I thought it would just snap back in to place, but what if I am one of those whose doesn't?  Argh.  Someone talk me down from this.  I was happy enough to have scars from the procedure, but not grody flab tummy.  Sigh.  I'll be reading people's stories all week to get myself even more worked up about it.  Not that I even have a date set yet.  That nurse better call  me tomorrow, so I can a) get a date set, and b) to ask her the likelihood of being stuck with a postpartum belly without ever having given birth.  Hey, I got sterilized just to look like I had a monster crawl out of me.  Yay!

Coming up this week: The Boy leaves town and Wikus has a birthday.  Grumples might get her tubes burned.  Stay tuned.

No comments: