02 June 2010

My Feet Are NOT Kitten Killers No Matter What P1 and P2 Think

Phew, I don't know how I can possibly do this tonight. I am tired and my all-day training has left me a bit sour and grumpy. P1 just spent 40 minutes asleep in my arm, while P2 kept jumping on my laptop (which was problematic because he turned on StickyKeys and that was very frustrating there for a few seconds). I did say I would tell more of my adventurous week with Ivy Vyne, but I just don't have it in me.  Call it the returning-to-work blues.  That and having to sit through 8 hours of training ("Crucial Conversations" can seriously kiss my fat white ass).  I still have one more day of being trained on how to have crucial conversations ("I don't want you to think that I am uninterested in what you have to teach me.  I do want to see how I can avoid having to listen to you."  Did I get that right with the "contrasting" exercise?).

Maybe the adoption story will just have to wait.  I don't want to write it while I'm in such a down mood.  My back hurts from sitting on the floor with the kittens, and my body just aches in general from the horrible allergies of yesterday.  The obvious solution here is to watch some Addiction on Discovery Health.  That should be a great pick-me-upper!  The kittens are sleeping (P1 on DVR receiver and P2 behind the door), and I just know those rascally bastards are going to wake up right when I go to bed and attack my feet as if they were kitten killers on the loose. 

To understand why I have two kittens when I already have 3 cats (two with medical problems) and a tortoise (with a huge medical problem), I leave you with this picture:


(Look how P2 is lazing on my shoes to keep my supposed kitten-killing feet vulnerable.)

1 comment:

RFS said...

Aw, sweet-cheeks. You are not the crazy cat lady.

I have seven.

There; feel better? :-)

You're welcome.