07 June 2010

Say No to Babies With a Friendly Corkscrew

This has to be short due to the incredible amount of pain I am in due to letting the new doctor remove my cyst with no actual planning on how I was going to handle the rest of the day.  Here's a tip that all of you should earmark in case this happens in your future: If a doctor cuts a cyst out of your inner labia (blocked gland), please do not think going back to work is a good idea.  Also, ask for some good pain meds.  I really had no idea it would hurt this badly.  I told the doctor that if tattoos felt like that, I wouldn't have more than one (on the theory that I would have one and the pain would be too much for me to get any more).  I am in love with this new doctor, though, because she actually talked with me in her office instead of the exam room, and we agreed on the procedure before I even had my clothes off and feet in stirrups.  Of course I really fell in love with her when she offered to let me see the cyst that she pulled out of me--fuck yes I do!  It looked so small compared to how uncomfortable it had made for the last year.  It was perfectly round and reminded me of a tapioca ball.  Yum!  They wouldn't let me have it so they could biopsy it.  Jesus people, when will you let me keep some gross growth.  First I can't keep ET's stones, then I can't keep my own solid mass.  Grrr.

However, not to worry, all this is overshadowed by the fact that this new doctor has agreed to sterilize me!  Next week when I go in to get my stitches taken out, we'll discuss a date.  She advised that I should take off a week for recovery, thus I am looking at probably the last week of July.  Whoot.

Any voluntary sterilization procedure of lady parts that you or someone you know, please let me know what they chose and why and how they felt afterward.  I'm looking at Essure "The gentle birth control you can trust."  Corkscrews in my tubes!

3 comments:

laeoux74 said...

very nice!!

I have been curious about this!

Were they concerned about your age and the fact you have not had children?

Unknown said...

See- my lady parts related cysts are NO FUN. They hide on the inside and cause incredible pain. If I could at least see them explode or something that would make it all worth it. I seriously think about yanking all of those parts right out. I have a friend who did that and she said it was the best thing she ever did.

RFS said...

Novasure. (novasure dot com) The most advanced procedure in Endometrial Ablation.

I was not keen on the corkscrew thing at all, because I didn't want a little plastic foreign object hanging out in there. (There are horror stories about them coming loose.)

E.A. gets rid of that pesky period. No having to entertain fake hormones in your body. No drastic organ removal. No cutting on you in sensitive places. No foreign objects living inside your tubes.

I haven't had a period for almost a year. It's divine to be free of it.